"Wings of a Dream" Museum (Brazil)

Hi folks,

I dont know if this is the correct forum to post this, but we go. This museum is kept by a Foundation run by a big Aviation Company from Brazil (TAM Airlines) and it is located in the city of São Carlos, countryside of the São Paulo State. The museum is currently closed for a complete rebuild of its inner structure and exposition stands.

However I’ve been there twice in December, 2006 and January, 2007 and I was able to take some pictures.

Hope you enjoy it.

Greetings,

Douglas.

Cessna L-19/O-1 Bird Dog

BOEING STEARMAN B75N1

BUCKER Bü131 JUNGMANN

LOCKHEED L-049 CONSTELLATION

MILES M.2H HAWK MAJOR

14-BIS (Replic)

Replic of the plane flown by Brazilian aviation pioneer Alberto Santos-Dumont in Paris, October 23rd, 1906.

GLOSTER METEOR

MiG 15 Bis

MiG 17

MiG 21 “Fishbed”

SUPERMARINE SPITFIRE

CHANCE VOUGHT F4U CORSAIR

REPUBLIC P-47 THUNDERBOLT
1º GAvCa - “Senta a Púa”
Italy, 1944-45

Thunderbolt fighter-bomber as it appeared during its use by the Brazilian 1st Fighter Wing in Italy, 1944-45. This one displays the painting and insignia of 2nd Lieutenant Fernando Rocha (1921-2008), who flown 75 combat missions and was awarded, among other decorations, with the Distinguished Flying Cross, Air Medal with 03 oakleaves clusters and the Presidential Unit Citation.

MESSERSCHMITT Bf109 G-2

That’s all. Hope you enjoy it.

Douglas.

Very nice photos, I wish I could get my car shining like these planes do!
The data volume of this thread is killing my PC though!:shock:

Wow, those are some beautiful planes there. The F4U Corsair is one of my favorites. Thanks for showing us your pictures. I’m with FTG, I’d like to know what they polish the planes with, it would help my old '93 Mazda look better!

Hello Douglas Jr, and welcome :).
Have you any data on the construction number (werknummer) of the Me 109 you show in this post?
I have an old aviation magazine that lists the then surviving Hispano 111/112 Buchons, some of which have been re-worked back to various Bf109 configurations, to represent German aircraft, rather than those the Spanish Airforce employed until the mid 1960’s.
In addition, that same magazine lists surviving Avia CS 1109s.
Unfortunately, I also have an old aviation magazine that gives the then surviving Bf/Me 109’s and their werknummers.
Thus, I am seeking data to distinguish between a “Spanish Messerschmitt” and a likely German Messerschmitt.

Any data you have, I’d be very grateful to receive, and would reciprocate your kindness with any data I had on aircraft c/n’s you may have an interest in.

Kindest regards, Uyraell.

Thanx…some of those planes look in mint condition.