Women in the military

a salute to them all

wow i would salute to them every day and night if i can :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Some of us already have. :wink:

Given what most of them look like in real life, that’s nothing to boast about!

lol @ pdf

and as for women in the military: I’m absolutely for it, as long as they don’t expect (and/or get) special treatment compared to the rest of the troops. Not only causes that kind of stuff turmoil within the units, but it’s also simply unfair.

Don’t know what I mean? Look at this:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=gBUDDgNNvMg

The sad thing is, this ‘soldier’ is a captain by now…

ah that’s halarious. to much beer and twinkies??? :mrgreen:

Something like that, I guess…

One can only hope that she gets a nice office job and never has to enter the field. That might actually be what she signed up for in the first place, so her (sad) lack of fitness could be explained that way…

Though I wonder how she made it through Basic Training :shock:

Oh my God :shock: that was amazing video thanks for sharing Shuultz :D:D I think that girl is not even for cleaner in army she is soo poor , i can only hope that one day if in case of war the girls here in the army won’t be the same .

and those guys were helping her along. when I was in boot they kick you along calling you every name in the book !!! is this an exception or do they help all women along like this??? if they wanna play lumber jack they have to hold up their end of the log. no I have nothing against them being in the military. matter a fact im pissed they didn’t have em when I served. to have those hot women walking around on a ship. man. gives a whloe new meaning to lights out. :slight_smile: and yes some of them do wind up pregnant. wonder if command knows what cause’s that ??? :mrgreen::rolleyes:

Ha! They weren’t all wildebeests. :smiley: There were a few cute ones and some that sort of got suckered into enlisting. One girl that was just a friend was a 20 year old who enlisted with her boyfriend so they could get married. Both trained together in the same logistics MOS but were stationed apart at separate duty stations. Predictably, he met someone else and she felt a bit taken-in as she planned to go to college and not the Army before she met him. One of my friends was “seeing her,” as she really wasn’t looking for a serious boyfriend understandably…

Having said that, it was a very good idea to steer clear of any serious relationships as lot of the Army chicks (but certainly not all) were pretty whacked. And I was stationed in Washington, D.C. and went to college clubs mostly…

It’s not during normal basing training, it’s a kind of ‘open house’ for the military academy. She was training to become an officer at that time, but hadn’t gone through basic training yet, she was still going to university…

They didn’t kick her because they weren’t actually training… I can only hope they would otherwise.

And as for women in the navy: Definitely only in the Australian Navy. I mentioned it earlier, they actually pay for female sailor’s breast implants!!!

It’s important not to make generalizations though. Not all garrison soldiers are meant to be commandos ready to run a marathon at all times, and I would say I met a lot of “lifer” fatties that were old men, especially in the Reserve, just collecting a paycheck and a generous retirement they might not have really deserved as AGRs for instance; that girl would have toasted them on a PT test! I knew women that were triathletes and I think women do have a place in the military.

Intelligence and special operations units find them particularly useful actually…

If you read my later posts, you’ll see that I don’t want to generalize. I was mainly just using this as a funny video.

Any money spent on tits is money well spent. :smiley:

Seriously, the Australian armed forces dropped their standards on a range of things, such as times over courses and weights to be carried, maybe a couple of decades ago to accommodate the lower strength and performance standards of women. I just hope that our future enemies, who lack our commitment to equal opportunity (not to mention a few other things which assure brutality and no quarter), adopt the same policies. :rolleyes:

And, No, I’m not opposed to women in any area of human endeavour. But I am opposed to mindless gender equality bullshit which says that women are equal to men in all fields, which facts and experience as distinct from feminist dogma show they’re not. There’s a very good reason that you don’t see women playing gridiron or rugby or even soccer against men and that is because they simply aren’t designed for it, any more than men are designed to breast feed and spend all day worrying about cellulite on their thighs.

No, just over 50% of them (with only a very, very few who are actually good looking). And a lot of the hippocrocogorillapigs actually look quite acceptable in civvies. There’s just something about DPM which turns women ugly.

I expect that could change after a bloke had been away from civilisation for a while.

Anyway, it’s not like your average male grunt is recruited on the basis of his movie star looks.

I agree, but conversely there’s also something about a uniform that makes marginally good, or average, looking (what we use to call “plain-janes”) really good looking because of all the hippocrocogorillapigs in comparison.

I once had a conversation with a snarky little yuppie prick who knew nothing about anything military (obviously insecure with his masculinity) remark that all US military women must be basically all butch lesbians. While there were certainly gay women, one attractive older major I had in command was rumored to have been one, there were many, many more heterosexual women (both enlisted and officers) who reveled in the fact that they were ignored in high school and college as average-looking, but suddenly were now queens outnumbered by horny men with a ratio strongly in their favor and their stock increased, as well as the attention afforded them, dramatically…

Wow… but that is probably a lot more prevalent in the Navy than in the Air Force or Ground Forces out of pretty obvious reasons…

I know this is a dated thread but I want to comment. I served (in the US Army) in positions up to, and including, First Sergeant of a forward deployed unit which was at least ¼ female. My company (and the rest of the Battalion) were billeted in “co-ed” barracks.
I experienced first hand the huge increase in females in the Army (even serving an in-voluntary tour in Recruiting). By and large they (females) are fine soldiers, generally more intelligent than males (the mental enlistment standards were higher females), but, as Rising Sun points out, they are not always the equal to men. Certainly in physical, load carrying and labor tasks.
Incidentally, there are a lot of very attractive women in the US Military. I dated several and married one (I was often told she was far out of my league).

Women tend to be better at some tasks than men where physical strength isn’t an issue.

Some male tradesmen I know are keen to hire women because of their attention to detail in trades where that matters, such as painting and cabinetmaking, and because a lot of male apprentices and tradesmen don’t work to such high standards. But you won’t find any bricklayers or concreters looking for female labourers where dumb strength counts all day.

I was seriously pissed off about 25 years ago when we had a couple of women who managed to get a drive in our premier national car racing competition and who did very well, but there was no official encouragement for other women to join the hairy chested racing scene. The problem wasn’t that women couldn’t compete with men but the men running the show didn’t seem to want to have more women competing with men.

Tasks like driving a motor vehicle or flying a plane or captaining a ship don’t require more physical strength than women have and there’s no reason to exclude them from those jobs in the military or anywhere else.

There is always the risk that men under female superiors might not accept their authority because they’re women, but that’s a problem with the men’s attitudes rather than the women’s capacity. Still, there are units where one needs to be able to impress one’s authority on one’s subordinates by something more than rank badges and many, but not necessarily all, women might find some difficulty in such units.

I saw a television program tonight on women who were ferry pilots in Britain in WWII. One of them flew 76 different types of plane in her career. Many of them flew, in one day, a range of planes from spotters to naval planes to fighters to four engine bombers, with only very brief operator notes and no prior training on the specific aircraft. Meanwhile men were trained only as bomber or fighter or whatever pilots. I’m not saying men couldn’t have been as versatile and adaptable as women, but those women proved that women were as good as any male pilot.

In the USSR women distinguished themselves in various combat and other military capacities, as they have done in other nations.

There are serious issues to be confronted in putting women into combat positions, notably their treatment if captured, which make it debatable whether they should be put at special risk because of their gender. But plenty of women who weren’t in combat positions in the military in WWII, and in other wars, ended up confronting the same issues in captivity, so keeping them out of combat units doesn’t guarantee that they won’t face the same problems.

There are also issues about sex discrimination and related matters which, in a few public scandals and undoubtedly many more unpublicised events in the Australian Defence Force, raise serious questions about the way women are treated in our armed forces, but similar issues have arisen with mistreatment of male soldiers by their equal ranks and superiors so it’s not so much a problem with the gender of the recruit but the mentality of the service and its people who train and supervise them.

I imagine she never tired of telling you that. :wink: :smiley: