World Cup 2006

Topic to talk about the world cup, obviously :roll:
In the “football” topic its a bit saturated better to have a topic on the world cup only.
Starts the 9th of June, 2006. Final match:9th of July, 2006

Today: Final draw for the World Cup groups.

Group 1: Cannot play each other in first round group-

-Germany
-Brazil
-Argentina
-Italy
-France
-England
-Mexico
-Spain

Group 2:

-Tunisia
-Ivory Coast
-Ghana
-Angola
-Togo
-Paraguay
-Ecuador
-Australia

Group 3:

-Holland
-Suecia
-Croatia
-Czech Republic
-Portugal
-Poland
-Switzerland
-Ukraine

Group 4:

-Japan
-S. Korea
-Iran
-Saudi Arabia
-U.S
-Costa Rica
-Trinidad and Tobago

*Serbia: Will be for sure in the group with Brazil, Argentina or Mexico, to avoid more than 2 european teams in the same group.

Here a site were all matches groups are arranged:
http://www.as.com/comunes/2005/camino_del_mundial_2006/html/calendario.html

My bet:
First my country: Spain, will pass first round but in 1/4 or 1/2 will get kicked in the ass by a strong team, Italy, England, Germany, Argentina etc.

Who will win the World Cup? Favorite one: Brazil, everyone knows. Germany will also have a good world cup, since they play in their country.
Hope there are now awful referees as in 2002 (Spain-S.Korea) :roll:

Ingerland, obviously (just to get FrionScam worked up about the “Brit Thug Gang” if he’s still watching :twisted: )

I think the US has a pretty good chance to do well again. Of course I dont think we have a prayer at winning but I would like to see us do at least a repeat of 2002. We are learning to play slowly but surely. :smiley:

Well at least it shows the US is willing to take part in normal sports instead of playing all those weird ones, like Football (er no, it should be called throwball as not mutch feet are involved :lol: )

Now all you need is a decent Cricket team, did I say wierd sports!

Germany will have a good score i hope so,but my favourites is Brasil too ,
Italy ,Argentina…

i heard germany is a good defense team, plus they have home advantage, so i think germany wins

and yes, i do care about the hockey in olyimpic more:P

Group A:

1. Germany
  2. Costa Rica
  3. Poland
  4. Ecuador

Group B:

1. England
  2. Paraguay
  3. Trinidad and Tobago
  4. Sweden

Group C:

1. Argentina
  2. Ivory Coast
  3. Serbia and Montenegro
  4. Holland

Group D:

1. Mexico
  2. Iran
  3. Angola
  4. Portugal

Group E:

1. Italy
  2. Ghana
  3. U.S
  4. Czech Republic

Group F:

1. Brazil
  2. Croatia
  3. Australia
  4. Japan

Group G:

1. France
  2. Switzerland
  3. S. Korea
  4. Togo

Group H:

1. Spain
  2. Ukrain
  3. Tunisia
  4. Saudi Arabia

Pretty feeble groupings I think. The most interesting one is Argentinas. The Dutch have been good lately and Serbia are usualy proficient. I think the obvious top two will progress in every group.

If Spain dont get through to the knockout stage this time, they should withdraw from the cup forever.

Germany,Brasil ,Italy ,Spain,England have a easy groups they will been first in their groups.

I don’t fancy the odds for New Zealand to win the cup

I think this time Spain can pass easliy, if not, yeah don’t go to more world cups. The funny thing about that grouo is the opinion of Ukrain coach and Saudis Arabia coach:

The Ukranian coach: “I don’t see Spain and Ukrain as favorite teams”

Saudi Arabia coach: “The 4 teams have the same chances, Saudi Arabia probably most.”

:roll:

Brazil will win it.

And i think so too,but thers a more good teams so world cup will be very ,very interested. :wink:

all those countries which are not in it… (belgium :oops: )

Another Death Group for Argentina.
8)

I already have a table reserved in my favourite pub :slight_smile:
I need to buy one of these and I’m ready for the show.

OK let’s talk seriously :smiley:
Is it possible that Moderators team will set up sort of a grid in topic, so each interested Forum member can place a bets? Of course we can bet but Mods have to enter each bet…
It will be a lot of effort because there is much more people passionate about Mundial than WWII…
I think that first bets should be “which team go out of the group” regardless of place - we will bet for 2 teams.
Let’s talk about bets for semis and final. 8)

Is Moderators team ready for this challenge?

Cheers,

Lancer44

P.S.

Kovalski, my dear friend… you’re waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooo optimistic… :roll:

Four years ago I was optimistic. And it was a disaster. Now I’m realist I and reserved a table for 3 games: with Ecuador, Germany and Costa Rica
But I have that tiny, tiny hope that our boys will make it to the next round
And there, England or Sweden we’ll be waiting for us :smiley:
So the last match I planned to watch at home.

Hmmm, SHUTUP!!! Kovalski!
Poland and Germany will go out of the Group for sure… Just Do not create bad luck…Keep it quiet…

Keep all this “Top Secret”

CHEERS,

Lancer44

Lancer, start your bets and we will see…

By the way somebody had to say it, Argentina will win.
:roll: