World War II Database

If I may, I’d like to solicit you guys on comments and suggestions on my WW2 website, the World War II Database at http://ww2db.com. It is only 6 months old, so I still have a lot of articles to write, but as you can see I already have quite a bit of stuff there.

Thanks for sharing your comments in advance!

I’m chasing you around in posts here. Had an initial quick look and it seemed pretty good, have bookmarked it for use later on when I will devote some time to reading the articles in depth.

Just read your article on Dieppe. A good book to read is Green beach written by a Canadian. Another objective that was successful was the capture of German radar parts.

On a personal point I found the font difficult to read, but then I am old.
:slight_smile:

Looks nifty, but aww no forum. I love forums :smiley: I bookmarked it I don’t have time to really read the stuff now but it looks good so I’ll go back to it and read some articles later on I suppose. 8)

Thanks, unfortunately I must put up a disclaimer as well: You will find that I have much more information on the Pacific side of things. The Pacific War, the Sino-Japanese War, and the Chinese Civil War (Mao vs. Chiang) had been my interest since years and years ago so naturally I started researching and putting together articles in that theater. You will find much more detailed info there, I am particularly proud of the pieces I’ve written on Yamamoto (under “People”) and the Recliaming of Philippines (under “Events”). I’ve actually just started doing the European side of stuff just this past week, so even the article on Dieppe had been fresh and not refined. I hope the “rough draft-ness” of it didn’t disappoint you :slight_smile:

Not sure how old you are, but I’m not exactly too young myself. I am currently reading Eisenhower’s memoirs so that’s not exactly an easy read (it’s a big book, and his writing style doesn’t exactly make the book a page turner), so I think we just might become friends :slight_smile:

I’ve contemplated installing a forum, but I really don’t want to reinvent the wheel. There are so many great WW2 forums out there, why make another? But nevertheless, I am glad you liked your initial visit to WW2DB, I hope you’ll visit often! I add or update new articles often, usually at least one every other day (though in the past few days I’ve been doing 2 or 3 a day).

ah just one thing, it might just be me, but it seems that everything is pushed to the right of the screen, and a big blank empty white space in the middle. Is that supposed to be? jus wondering.
it looks good, quite amazed of what you did with the Naval side, listing all the ships, very good. But no planes? :cry: Nah its ok, it would be nice if you could add aviation sometime in the future. :smiley:

About the screens messing up, could you let me know what browser you’re using? Perhaps attach a screenshot for me, if you could. Thanks!

Aviation was in the plans, but going to put it off indefinitely since people and events alone would take me a few years to complete :slight_smile: Ships I’m just adding as I come across them. I really do want to add planes as well as vehicles, but they’ll be much more down the road.

Dont think there is a problem there with linking your site to ours. You would need to email ww2admin about the reverse. (A more formal link that is) Just took a quick look and it looks great. Keep up the good work.

If anyone here is interested in projectile weapons and explosives though the 20th and 21th century this site russian/english site has pictures and description of every gun ever made: www.world.guns.ru :smiley:

About the screens messing up, could you let me know what browser you’re using? Perhaps attach a screenshot for me, if you could. Thanks!

Aviation was in the plans, but going to put it off indefinitely since people and events alone would take me a few years to complete :slight_smile: Ships I’m just adding as I come across them. I really do want to add planes as well as vehicles, but they’ll be much more down the road.[/quote]

No problem, heres the screenshot. Im using Safari on a mac. http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2210/screenshot19mz.jpg

Thanks, South African Military. I don’t have a Mac (though I want one when they’re finally on the Intel x86 platform!) so this is very helpful. It looks like it’s a CSS problem, in other words Safari may not know how to read CSS. I’ll see what I can do, thanks!

In the mean time, I hope you can visit my site with a different browser until I can address the problem :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

Ok, I don’t have a Mac so I had to coordinate some test browsing with a friend who lives 1000 miles away from me who has a Mac to check for me :slight_smile: I think I have it fixed, could you take a look again?

Once again, thanks for the heads up!

Have a look at this Website http://www.around.ntl.sympatico.ca/~toby/ww2.html

Its a brief description of some of the major battles of the Second World War.