WW II artifacts given by a Veteran

Someone sent me this link, it deals with items given to someone by a Veteran. http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/36nxtj/_/
When you get to the page, click the headline at the top, it will take you to pictures, and discussion.

I think the date on the last photo is 2/7/44, rather than 2/8/44, with the 7 being in the European style with a bar across the stem and an ink blot similar to that on other characters going close to linking it with the top bar on the 7.

Enlarge the photo to see what I mean.

Definitely a “7”.

The German writing says on the last pic says: “Stay always with me. Stay what you are to me. Your Boy on the 2/8 44” If I got it right.

No, it says: “Bleibe immer bei mir, Bleibe dass was du nun “bist”. Dein Junge am 2/7 44.”

Note he makes a ü of a normal u (iso nün and Jünge ).
"Stay always with me (in thoughts), remain that what you “are” now. Your boy on 2 july (or 7th feb?) 1944.

The artifacts are not from one and the same german:
The coloured helmet; not conscript wehrmacht and not officer.
The pistol: lower tier officer (Hauptman/Captain).
Bajonet: not officer.
Nazi black sun necklace: SS but likely low rank (the same as the helmet?).
Coins: dutch 1 cent coin from 1942 , meaning being stationed in Holland; so likely not the young SS boy.

Anyhooo; likely these are bought/traded artefacts during the US vet’s stay in europe from many different occasions. Maybe possibly bought after the war.

The fairly mint condition of the pistol and bajonet means they were oiled regularly and not left to rust/stained between 1945 and 2015.

The helmet is painted in a field-made camo pattern exclusively used in Normandy in summer of 1944.

I would agree that these artifacts were gathered from different places, and different people. the cloth bag is from the time before NSDAP . I’m not part of the conversation in the other site, I just thought it would be good for people to see the nice collection.