Ww2 helmet

Hello, I got this helmet, please tell me about it.

It would help if you could remove the netting, and the liner. Also if there are any markings, post them as well. you’ll be able to get better information.

It would help if you could remove the netting, and the liner. Also if there are any markings, post them as well. you’ll be able to get better information.[/QUOTE]

85E541A9-6C6B-41E1-B46D-5DC580CAE411-6141-00000931C101444C_zpsc8c9d245.jpg

One of our many “pot” experts will know what you have. :slight_smile:

Thanks. Can you recommend any members that know there helmets ?

They will probably find your thread, though some specialize in certain Nations Helmets. You might search threads for similar topics. sad to say I’m no manner of expert, but to me it looks like a generic WW II U.S. M-1 Steel pot Don’t take my word for it though. One of the Learned ones will chime in sooner or later.

Ok. Thanks again

I’m not expert at such things, but look for stampings under the helmet brim for any numbers. 0 to 1300 is a McCord WW2 Era; all Schuster shells were produced during WW2. The Pre 1945 helmets will have a small seam in the middle of the front of the helmet brim. 1945 and later have them at the rear of the helmet have the seam at the rear. All fixed (sewn) chinstrap to the helmet bails are WW2, your last picture shows the strap at the bail, check and see if it adjustable or sewn in that area. Your picture shows what looks like a possible fixed bail; swivel bails were produced after the fixed starting early 1943 on.

The M1 helmet was produced from the early 40’s to 1980’s; I can’t give you honest answer by the pictures to nail it down, as there were a few production runs and this is an area I’m not that versed in.

Helmet and liner look great, if it as the fixed bale then it would be correct, but after saying this, you can buy a lot of euro clones M1, with new fixed bales welded on, sometimes this is done to make more money, or to make look more authentic by a re-enactor, have to have a close up photo of the bales to see if they were a recent weld. Just noticed it looks to have para webbing attached.

Thanks for the additional info Chunky.

Unlike the Tommy helmet, which apart from the one change, the Mark 111, which was introduced late 1943, then in 1944 Mark 1V, the lining was made detachable, now the WW2 American helmet that a new ball game, liner had makers names stamped in them (not going into all the maker names), fixed bale, swing bale, front seam, rear seam, heat stamps numbers inside helmets, lower the number meant a earlier production helmet, and the older ones now suffer with stress cracks due the deep drawing process and the steel used.

If I am correct it seems to be a helmet similar to the one I have. I own a 82nd airborne Helmet from 1942 and the way it is shaped and design it seems to be a new model of that. maybe from 43 or 44. I hope the little knowledge I have given helps

The helmet looks real but the liners is from the 50’s 60’s

It may be from the Korean War maybe. They did use a lot of equipment from WW2

It’s not a US but a European liner a old 50’s Belgium or France.

A lot of people sell Dutch helmets as “USGI”.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DUTCH-COPY-OF-U-S-G-I-WW2-HELMET-/121273242679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3c72d437

The Dutch liners got a OliveDrab3 color inside and the strap is not leather.

Then Dutch it is. though its a possibility that it just a combine mix of American and Dutch right?

That’s bullshit? Dutch liners don’t have a brown color inside. It’s not a Dutch liner. Belgium I think or late American (1975) with a new sweatband.

look this is my Belgium liner the sweatband is 1970 and the liner 1950