WW2 Militaria

Does anybody collect German Militaria? It doesn’t matter whether it’s authentic or replica, it still looks cool :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a German Fallschirmjager jacket, an SS Flag, and a Hitler Youth Knife. The Fallschrimjager jacket is authentic, but I don’t think either Hitler Youth Knife nor the SS Flag is. I’ll post some pictures after my camera finishes charging.

Go over to the Wehrmacht Awards forums if you have any doubts.

I collect award documents, papers and photographs to German units stationed in North Norway and Finland. Gave up on medals and cloth items due to the spiralling cost and amount of fakes.

I also dabble in British medals to the Royal Artillery.

Please post some pics if you can. Would love to see!

Ok

Dietl at his HQ at Bjørnfjell, Narvik 1940

Dietl, again at Bjørnfjell with an army priest

Photos of the very rare Do26 taken at Trondheim and Narvik, may '40

I was going to buy a Panzer NCO dress cap for 250, but the guy who owned it wouldn’t sell it to me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

They are awesome pictures mate, and i have saved a few onto my computer :smiley: :smiley: , but this topic room (ww2 militaria) should really be under the forum called “WW2 military” :wink:

Otherwise Fallschirmjager welcome to the site buddy. :slight_smile:

Some more

Bv138 -1940

Another with 2 He59 in the background -1940

Loading up a Do26, May 1940
BTW, these are all from one photo album to a medic with GJR 138.
They were airlifted into Narvik to reinforce Dietl’s troops up there. I have his award documents, service records, medals and even dog tag.

He115

Pz.II at Trondheim again.

Something British, a Blackburn Skua shotdown over Narvik

Waiting to load up

Insided a Do26.

It is related to German military, don’t you agree?

Percy, great pics mate!

Great photo’s…Thanks for showing them.

Fantastic photos! thanks for sharing.

On the topic of collecting, I collect German and Russian guns plus a bit of Russian militeria but like Percy_Pongo, the cost and number of fakes has put me off German militeria.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

Excellent photos by the way, if I forgot to mention earlier :oops: Good job :wink:

Here’s afew pictures of my Fallschirmjager jacket, SS Flag and Hitler Youth Knife, it’s not the best quality because it was taken from my webcam, I have to get new batteries for my camera and when I do I’ll take some more close ups.

http://img290.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture113xp.jpg

This is my SS Flag, I don’t believe it’s authentic because of the way it smells, lol.

http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture121hv.jpg

This is my Fallschirmjager jacket with the knife laying ontop of it…I’ll get a better picture of it. I believe the camo on it is 1944Tan Water Pattern.

http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture139sx.jpg

Here’s a picture of the blade of the knife, “Blood and Honor” is enscripted on the blade in German.

I’m looking to buy a pair of Lance Corporal Fallschirmjager collar tabs, and a nice cuff titles.

Once again I’m sorry for the poor quality pics, I have a picture of me and a friend dressed up as Germans for school last year lol, I’ll try to get it for you’s.

Can to see thanks its great. :wink:

I know they’re bad photos but off the face of it it all looks repro. In fact that doesn’t even look like an FJ smock with those top pockets.

Do you mind me asking where you picked up the jacket and what you paid for it?

The reason i ask is that a real tan water jump smock is worth thousands of dollars.
compare yours to this one.
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14492&page=1&pp=15&highlight=tan+water+luftwaffe+smock

As has been mentioned, German stuff is a nightmare, anyone with a passing interest or just starting out will get burnt unless they do a lot of homework before buying even the simplest thing. Or unless they get real lucky.
The internet has had a big influence on the collecting scene the last few years, both positive and negative. On the positive side collectors have the opportunity now to discuss and research their hobby like never before. A lot of people have saved themselves from making expensive mistakes thanks to some of the forums out there.

I only paid 100.00CDN for it, if that. I bought it off the internet, I kinda figured it was repo, but it came with the decals on it, but I took them off and sold them to a friend, that’s why I’m looking for new nice decals and cuff titles. Whether it’s repo or not I still <3 the jacket :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not a uniforms guy but i think real mint ones go for around 4-5000 USD.
If you’re not that bothered wether or not an item’s repro or not then fine. There’s some good quality repros going around and at least you know what you’re getting.
I think the climbing prices and amount of fakes will kill this hobby off eventually.

Now for some of the things i really go for, award docs.

German Cross in Gold awarded for actions in North Finland

Luftwaffe Flak badge, awarded in North Finland

Kreta armband award doc

Iron cross 2nd class

Infantry assault badge in silver

Lappland shield award doc. Notice the date.

Narvik shield doc. (this is the guy who took all the photos i posted earlier)

War merit cross first class with swords

War merit medal to a female in the army serving in Norway

Finally another photo, this one for Fallschirmjäger.
The grave of an FJ at Narvik. Today he lies in the German war cemetery there.

That’s awesome man, I like the way the documents look like and the text they use on them it’s has like a dark karma around it lol. I have a quick question for you since you seem to know your stuff, lol. Did the FJ normally wear caps as shown in the picture below, or their round helmets?

Only in fight they wear helmets ,when they not fight they have caps.

The guys on the left are not FJ, they’re Gebirgsjäger and they’re wearing the bergmutze.

As for the caps\helmet question. Simply use common sense. what’s more comfortable? when would you want steel on your head rather than cloth?