WW2 Rader.

Who invented the rader first. England, Germany or Japan.I first thought England, resoucers told me 1935 but resoucers also told me Germany 1935.
Since Japan was so high tech with England and Germany it also could of been Japan.

R u going to give me an answer,and may i tell you,theres other members on here with little spelling problems;)

It would help,if i can find it;)

I meant to say WW2 Raider:rolleyes:

I think the word, you are looking for is “radar”, off hand as best as I remember it, the issue of who invented radar is somewhat complicated as usually these things are. An issue is that, when most people who know a little bit about World War II think of radar, they think of the RAF airdefense radar system but a radar range finder on a Warship is just as much a radar as an airdefense radar. As for Japan, its lead in electronics is very much a post World War II phenomena. And as for your spelling, it is doing no end of good in improving my cryptology skills.:smiley: LOL

http://www.radarworld.org/germany2.html

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Like many things, it was a case of parallel evolution. The Germans first Radar system was used in Kiel Harbour in March 1934, developed from the same principles as Sonar. The British system was first tested in February 1935, and was developed out of a political request for a “death ray”, which was correctly identified by the scientists as a silly scheme but gave them the idea of radar.

The reason the British are generally credited with inventing is is that they advanced much more rapidly than the Germans in the early years of radar, and were the first to implement a militarily useful radar system.

A straight answer would be nice Adrian-U still have not gave me an answer yet.And i thought you guys dont need improving on youre cryptolgy skills,expressely if youre trying to improve by reading my post,and i know a bit of ww2 but i tought my self ,i didt have fancey university teachers too teach me.Thats all right if you dont know the answer, u cant know every thing about ww2;)

Thanks,i wast sure:D

Commerce raider? They weren’t invented during WWII but go back a long way, back to the days of the privateers and beyond.

Or Admiral Raeder? He wasn’t invented during WWII either or he wouldn’t have been old enough to be an admiral, or even a cabin boy, but I believe he was invented by Herr and Frau Raeder. :smiley:

Japan was not particularly high tech before and during WWII (check out the laughable quality of their midget subs), and certainly not in the radar field.

Which is why Japan was at a serious disadvantage against the USN, especially in the latter half of the war, which had far better radar and even had radar when Japan had none earlier in the war.

OH i thought japan would of had radar, but thanks for clearing things up.
Im starting too respect you.:smiley:

My remark was not meant as a criticism it was meant as complement but you don’t seem to have realized that, lots of people have problems with communications skills such as spelling and it doesn’t follow that they are either stupid or lazy any more so than it follows if a person is in a wheelchair they are stupid or lazy. And I think, I would have realized myself that I did know not everything about WW2, nobody could know everything about World War it is just too big and complex a subject. Oh and I did have fancy teachers at University but the fancy teachers knew about Warfare in Classical Athens and Athenian triremes
http://www.hellenicnavy.gr/trihrhs_en.asp
are a bit different from Panzerschifs
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=d1fri9F-rA0

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Oh sorry,
HINT:When youre talking to me could you lower youre standards a bit please,like dont use univerity words,i miss took youre words as being offenive.
Im not up to youre standards:D. i need too relaxe more;) cheers

You might want to research how well trained and effective the IJN (Imperial Japanese Navy) was in night fighting compared with the USN in the early part of the war, which offset the technical advantages the Americans had with primitive radar.

Know i know why japan lost;)
The japs had something speical too.
They were the first ones too fitt there fighters with missiles too attack enemy,guess thats why america was hit so hard at Pearl Habour.
Am i right? Im second guessing my self.:slight_smile:

Unless you’re classing torpedoes as missiles, which technically covers anything down to thrown stones, no, you’re not right.

America got hit hard at PH simply because it had no warning of the impending sneak attack, which Japan had been working towards for a few weeks beforehand while going to great lengths to conceal its fleet’s approach to Hawaii.

It was in strategic terms an unimpressive attack by Japan anyway as, despite basing their assault on the British attack on the Italian navy at Taranto which merely grounded some of the Italian ships in a shallow harbour, the Japanese merely grounded most of the American battleships in a shallow harbour rather than taking them out of the war, while ignoring the fuel storages and repair facilities which were of greater long term importance in limiting America’s ability to respond.

Don’t mistake the Tora! Tora! Tora! (which I understand in Japanese might be rendered To! To! To! pronounced more like Toh!) and Pearl Harbour films’ cinematic bullshit and special effects for historically accurate records.

Yes i believe you about Pearl Harbour.
I was watching a docmentry and there resources told me, the japs had advaced technolghy which at that point the western allies did not know about.
The advaced technolghy was japs fighters where equipet with missiles which no other fighter could carrie before.
They end up sinking two main british war ships[this is the funnie part]right after Churchill said , japans fighters and planes where all made out of rice paper,I just thought maybe they used it on pearl harbour aswell, but you put me back in my box hehehe:D

Somebody correctly cautioned you in another thread about relying upon the History Channel and similar sources for reliable historical information.

I don’t know what technology was mentioned in the documentary you saw, but Japan wasn’t hugely advanced in any areas that gave it an overwhelming advantage over the Allies. Sure, the Zero was very strong because of its mainspar wing, and there were some other examples of sound Japanese engineering, but they only gave Japan useful (for a while) but not war winning advantages over the Allies.

Japan was, however, stronger in naval forces than the Allies knew because in the mid 1930s it broke away from the Washington Naval Treaty which limited its naval capacity and because Japan then rapidly expanded its naval shipbuilding without the future Allies having any real knowledge of what was being built. That’s the major area in which Japan had a secret and significant advantage upon entering the war.

No No No, dont get me wrong,they still wernt strong enough to beat the western allies.They only had one big hit and that was with the two main british ships which where sunk,its all true. If i went to uni, i could of explian it to you in youre laguage.Fighters cant carrier missiles but some how the japs invented a fighter that could.cheers:D