WW2-themed art exhibition at Underline Gallery in NYC

Dear WWII in Color commentators,

I’m writing from Underline Gallery in NYC’s Chelsea neighborhood and I wanted to let you all know about an exhibition we have on view right now that I think would be of interest to many of you. Entitled “Natural History,” the exhibition is a two-part installation from NY artist Jordan Sullivan that explores the nature and force of memory through the lens of his grandparent’s courtship during the Battle of the Bulge (his grandfather was in the military and his grandmother was a nurse.) The installations on view feature artifacts from WWII repurposed to comprise provocative, contemporary artworks. If anyone is interested in more information or would like to schedule a visit my email is marlo@underlinegallery.com. See attached for some images. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you soon.

Kindly,
Marlo

Pay for the flight and I’ll be there!

Don’t think we’re missing much, FTG. I had a look at the website. I get a distinct sense of “Can’t paint; can’t draw; can’t sculpt - oh Hell, let’s throw some stuff together and call them Conceptualist Installations ! They’ll sell in the Big Apple, anyway !” The late Brithsh broadcaster, Fyfe Robertson, described this sort of “art” as “FART” - I can’t remember what the acronym stands for, but you get the point with which your humble servant is in agreement. Not sure that many In Here would have much interest in this sort of … stuff. Best regards, JR.

Email sent, Marlo.