WWII BSA Airborne Bicycle

I’ve been fortunate enough to gain possession of a WW11 BSA Airborne folding bicycle from the 1942- 1945 period after being sold it by an old friend of the family who knew I was into collecting. It’s in very good condition considering its age and I’m very happy with the acquisition to my collection. I’m now after a bicycle head-lamp from the same period. Does anyone know a store in the UK or site where I might be able to find this kind of WWII Memorabilia
for sale? I’d also quite like an airborne issued helmet. I have seen one of those online when perusing the net but don’t quite have the money for that yet.

I don’t know much about bikes, but I was in one of the more famous pubs in Buffalo, NY called The Anchor Bar which claims to have invented the Buffalo (Chicken) Wing. They have and extensive collection of motorcycles up on the wall including a later BSA cafe racer as the owner used to race bikes in the 1960’s and 70’s…

There were some knowledgeable posters here but they seem to pop in infrequently, I think you’ll get some answers but it might be a while…

You might try Facebook Gunner, they have all sorts of groups dedicated to collecting war time equipments, especially those from Great Britain. You may have to search a bit to find them, but it’d be a start.

Thanks guys, appreciate the replies. I’ll check out the Facebook Gunner page for sure. Found a cool site with some WWII memorabilia for sale but couldn’t find the bike lamp I was after. Still, some cool stuff on there though.

Really liking the Gunner Page, thanks again for the heads-up.