WWII comic strips

Hi guys!

I’ve just launched my first ebook on Amazon Kindle and I would like to invite you to get to know my work. It is entitled The Art of Belmonte and it contains 128 satirical cartoons covering mainly the period between the World War II and the beginning of Cold War. Created by Brazilian cartoonist Belmonte (1896 - 1947), they illustrate the political and military conflict in an intelligent and provocative way.

"Benedito Carneiro Bastos Barreto was born on 15 May 1896, in São Paulo. He became known under the pseudonym Belmonte. He was researcher, drawing, painter, cartoonist and journalist. He started his career drawing for Alvorada magazine and, later, for Miscellanea magazine.

Belmonte’s caricature was up to date with world problems, bringing information in a efficient way. It even provoked critics from Hitler’s Propaganda Minister, Joseph Goebels in a pronouncement broadcasted by Berlin Radiostation. Thanks to his knowledge of political, social and economical problems he published his work in many international newspapers. He declined an invitation to become Metro Goldwyn Mayer’s illustrator in New York. Instead he remained in the position of Advertisement Department Chief of ECR (Empresas Cinematográficas Reunidas) in São Paulo. During his entire life he kept writing articles, chronicles, notes, topics and making illustrations."

I hope you like it. Please, feel free to make comments and share my work. Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BWBAKAQ/

Best wishes to everyone!