Wwii planes

Went to an air show over the weekend and saw b-17, b-24, b-25, p-51, thunderbolts, too many, here are a few pics…

air show1 079.jpg

air show1 078.jpg

air show1 084.jpg

air show1 082.jpg

air show1 003.jpg

air show1 050.jpg

air show1 056.jpg

Oh yeah and met R. Lee Ermey

air show1 034.jpg

air show1 037.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Big John. I assume it’s you on the photo so you really seem to deserve your nickname.
Excuse my lacking old-european knowledge but R. Lee Ermey was the legendary drill instructor Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, right?
Excellent photos by the way, must be very impressive to see those ancient giants in action!!!

All these planes are beautiful. I live near an airforce base and it’s lots of fun to see the old planes circling above my house waiting to land. The bombers make horrendous noise. Can only imagine hearing hundreds overhead. Must have been nerve wracking.

may i ask where this air show was i live next to an airport but we havent had a air show in years

yes,R. Lee Ermey was the legendary drill instructor Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, and of the tv show Mail Call, the show was this weekend at willow run airport, in ypsilanti michigan. it is called Thunder over Michigan. I love the B-17’s I shot alot of video so i just have to upload it this week…

Nice pics bigjohn, you gotta luv those big heavies.

I live near a NATO airfield too but the only planes I get to see and especially to hear is one of those 17 Boeing E-3A AWACS circeling permanantly above and spying out my house…

Flame, lol! These planes come in for air shows (forgot to mention in post). I haven’t been to a show yet (kicking myself), but last show had corsair fighter, mustang fighter, navy hellcat fighter, b-24 bomber, and others that I would have to see pictures of to know what they were all flying above my house. After seeing these pics I’m going to make more effort to go to a show.

Yeah, there were so many planes, there were also a few corsairs, a mig-17, f-16, mustangs,the 17’s 24’s 25’s c-130, all in all a great time was had by me and my daughter, i always make sure i make the time to go see these beauties while we still have the chance and my daughter gets to learn about our history firsthand… and here are a few more pic’s…that one is the p-51 and the f-16 on the heritage flight.

WILLOW RUN 1 025.jpg

WILLOW RUN 1 006.jpg

air show2 041.jpg

WILLOW RUN 1 065.jpg

WILLOW RUN 1 071.jpg

WILLOW RUN 1 067.jpg

air show2 031.jpg

HEY ALL HERE IS MY LINK FOR SOME VIDEOS OF THAT DAY…

http://www.youtube.com/bigjohnfrommichigan

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2384&d=1218748254
Is this a real 109?

Over the weekend i saw a b-17 flying by and back twice. I wonder if it was at the airshow. It was green too! I think I also saw a p51. I live in NJ.

where was it??? we had one here in KC this weekend…

YES IT IS A REAL Messerschmitt Bf 109 , IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL LOOKING PLANE, THE SHOW WAS TWO WEEKS AGO AT WILLOW RUN AIRPORT IN YPSILANTI MICHIGAN…

Here is a shot of the cockpit.

WILLOW RUN 1 004.jpg

WOW ! I didn’t think any flying ME 109s were left…

Sgt. Sickles: Indeed the Bf-109 is authentic. In fact I have met one of the former owners. It is a real WWII veteran and was at one time flown by a famous German Ace Hans Joachim Marseille. This was confirmed to me by that former owner. Hals- und Beinbruch!!