You have a PM

Just wondered because my outbox is full of PMs on different subjects to various members.

Perhaps the ‘Privare Messages’ banner at the top of the page could be set to change colour when a PM is sent to people.

Failing that, or until it can be arranged, maybe reminders can be posted here so that people are aware that messages await them.

Bluffcove you have a PM.
As do you Firefly.

Edited to add a name.

For some reason my PM’s are not alerted when I sign in, even though I have the option ticked in my profile.

Im frequently checking my pm’s cause the system doesn’t send me an email each time i got a new pm.
I woull strongly reccoment that to everyone.

Bas, you have a PM.

I get emailed whenever I get a PM, and generally read them within 24h. Doesn’t mean I always reply though…

The alert is sent to your Email Address, Firefly.

Check your control panel under PROFILE and make sure you have NOTIFY ON NEW PRIVATE MESSAGES checked.

Hope that works! Yea, the system is kind of flaky…but it’s not a problem with the server or anything. It’s the code in this forum software.

I answer to all the PM, but I haven’t got a lot of them.

Same :smiley: it’s really helpful to turn on Email alert, seeing as you check that regularly as well.

I check my PM every 2 hours and normally reply ASAP thats why i tell the new comers to this site if they need help or questions they are welcome to ask me :smiley:

You get up every two hours of the day to check your mail! Thats dedication for ya!

I have the alert switched on, however it’s told me I have two new ones today but on checking there was nada there.

Not the first time it’s happened either.

I had that occur earlier on today, i recieved an email saying i got a new message, so i had a look but everything had already been read.

Firefly wrote

Commando Jordovski wrote:

[quote]I check my PM every 2 hours and normally reply ASAP thats why i tell the new comers to this site if they need help or questions they are welcome to ask me

You get up every two hours of the day to check your mail! Thats dedication for ya![/quote]

Now that is hard corps’!!!

Or a sign you have no life :smiley:

Or a sign you have no life :D[/quote]

I have a much more enjoyable like then you 1000ydstare :smiley: , i do live it to the max.

Or a sign you have no life :D[/quote]

I have a much more enjoyable like then you 1000ydstare :smiley: , i do live it to the max.[/quote]

To the max? really? Wow, whats it like not living it to the max? pretty suicidal eh?

I know Man of Stoat doesn’t live his life to the max because he doesn’t check his PMs every two hours.

Perhaps that’s why he’s forced to fill in those empty hours with boring things like regularly shooting full auto weapons.

Cdo J, you should feel pity for someone with such a tragic life as he.

Well I have now decided to take Cdo J’sadvice and like my life to the Max, Im going to check my PMs evert 75 minutes from now on, or until I go insane with sleep deprivation, whatever comes first…

Ranulph Feinnes.
Bonnington
Joe Simpson.
Jacques Cousteau
Knox Johnston
Yves Parlier
Benedict Allen
Jamie Oliver?
Commando Jordovski - all pushing the limits of human endurance!

Firefly, you’ve got a PM