You want to see an outstanding movie,

You want to see an outstanding movie, rent the German Version of “Stalingrad” It is very anti war, but it follows the truth and the true stories very very well. You can get it on DVD and then uses the English Language program. Great movie!!

This is NOT the story of the Russian sniper played by an Englishman . It is called Stalingrad, it is directed, produced and acted by Germans.

Yes, I have this on DVD! Some of the battle scenes are great. Btw, I like your avatar Dutchman.

Thank you, it is from my fathers Army Air Corp Unit the Seventh Army Air Corp, 11 Bombardment Group the 42 nd Squadron.

Do you know in the movie Stalingrad the scene were the Russians are advancing with tanks and infantry and there is that loud blast and flash and the man is cut in half? He is screaming because he is cut in half and he can see his legs and waist are laying in front of him. Then the Russian screams until the blood runs out of him and he dies.

That is a true story. I have a book on Stalingrad and the German who witnessed this told the story in the book. The book is many years old but I found it. I had forgotten about this then in the movie it catches you by surprise and it came back to me that I had read this part once.

I showed my wife the exact place where the German talks about this, she was not happy with me. She knew it was true she didn’t not have to see it in print she said.