Your favorite MG?

whats your favorite MG?

I would saay the MG-42 i beleive that it was the best MG in the war and possibly ever tis still used today and is known as the MG-3. the germans deploy them still!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: That’s a good one!

Strange to relate but true, but this question doesn’t seem to have been asked among all the ‘favorite’ questions this year or last year, so I suppose it will have to be allowed to survive.

Nonetheless,

MG-42 that gets my vote.

May I join this head banging, I think this year has the most favorite threads yet.

Though if I may, MG 42

For me it would have to be the MGB-GT. I think the convertible MGB is sexier looking, but the GT version is just so much more practical. Oh yes, and definitely the earlier version without the “California” bumpers.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Surely you would prefer one of these?

It is clear from the poll question that the OP is interested in which MG you would want to carry into battle.

Obviously a man can’t carry a standard MGB GT into battle, or anywhere else.

He can, however, carry the following MGB GT into battle, so I’d go for it.

Let’s not overlook the advantage of an MG that hasn’t to be carried into battle but can be rolled, with remarkable performance as the photo shows.

It was excellent shooting to sever the tree without hitting any of the people standing around it, atlhough some of them do seem a little dazed. That must be a very accurate MG.

Howewer it is told that the upper guy’s shoulder was severely bruised by the falling log…

That would appear to be the least of his worries.

He’s lost the top half of his head!

I always thought it odd that the Japanese installed a bayonet on the Type 99 light machine gun.

300px-Type99LMG.jpg

Excellent marksmanship indeed!

Perhaps, but as he’s still standing there seems to be a lack of killing power.

Maybe it was a gun designed to kill only trees, which would be very handy in forest attacks?

That must be the Agent Orange-model Maxim then.

Is that the Spanish version, designed for wiping out orange trees and their agents?