Your favorite Russian General

One of my favourite Russian General is Marshal Zhukov.
Marshal Zhukov - marshal of the victory During its centuries-old history Russian state repeatedly underwent aggression. For the Russian people many times was necessary with the weapon in the hands of news the severe, and, sometimes unequal battles, in which they appeared their leadership skill: Aleksandr nevskiy, Dmitriy Donskoy, Peter I, Aleksandr Suvorov, MikhailKutuzov. Their names with great care are stored in the memory of generations. In THE XX century to them were added the names of the generals of World War II - Zhukov G.K., A.M.Vasilevskiy, I.S.Konev, R.Ya.Malinovskiy, K.K.Rokossovskiy, S.K.Timoshenko, and many others. Within the four year old period of fight against the German aggression occurred not one srazheniye.So with all most important strategical operations of Russian troops in the course of World War II is inseparably connected Georgiy Constantinovich Zhukov’s name.

02.jpg

Georgiy Constantinovich Zhukov was borne 19 november(to old style) 1896 in the village Of strelkovka of Kaluga province. In the years of Zhukov’s childhood the village not than nevydelyalas’ of thousand of Russian villages. Men - frequently on the earnings in the city, in the field - woman and children. The father of Zhukov made shoes in the cities, mother earned additionally on the transportation it was cargo. Earnings were such, that by Georgiy Constantinovich’s himself own acknowledgement “poor earned more”. Still it will write: "the thanks to neighbors, they sometimes rescued us first by cabbage soups, then kashey. This mutual aid in the villages not was exception, but it is faster by the tradition of friendship and solidarity of Russian people, which lived in the heavy need ". At the seven-year age Georgiy went to learn into the church school to his first teacher Sergey Nikolayevich Remizovu. In the Kaluga province it was brought send boys - adolescents to learn into the cities any craft. During June 1907 Zhukov left for Moscow to his uncle to learn the furriery matter. Simultaneously concerning the instruction in the handicraft matter Georgiy together with the son of owner studied the Russian language, mathematics, geography. In yr he entered the evening general education courses and successfully finished them.

On 7 August, 1915, Zhukov was called into the dragoon regiment. On the slope of years the marshal told writer Constantine Simonov: “I could prove to be in the school of ensigns. I graduated from in the newspaper alley the four-year school, which gave a sufficient educational qualification for the entering to this school. But I thought: I will here graduate from the school of ensigns and I will be, 19-year boy, to command byvalymi soldiers - by borodachami. Me it did not want this, it was uncomfortable. And who it knows, seemingly it left, if I proved to be not by soldier, but by officer… and would by this time break out revolution… It can be, would live somewhere his century in emigratsii?”.Poetomu Georgiy Constantinovich it entered into the noncommissioned officer school, which graduated from during August 1916 it warred junior non-comissioned officer Zhukov brave, but not long. During September he obtained easy injury during the horse attack on the southwestern Front, in the mountain region Of bystritsa, and Georgievskiy obtained cross for the seizure of language. But already during October Georgiy Constantinovich blew up on the mine and was obtained heavy contusion. To be treated it was necessary for long. Zhukov no longer returned to the front. Georgiy Constantinovich met with February revolution in the march squadron. He sympathetically related to the overthrow of monarchy. They selected Zhukov the chairman of squadron committee and the member of regimental council. After October revolution its quartered in the Kharkov province squadron “arose to the platform of Bolsheviks”, it refused to obey Ukrainian authorities and it was dissolved on the houses. During December 1917 Zhukov left to the native land, - in the village it was more easily feed into Strelkovku. During September 1918 they mobilized it into the Red Army. Future general Zhukov served in the 4th Moscow cavalry regiment. There he grew to the assistant to platoon commander and during March 1919 entered the Communist Party. It battled against the Ural cossacks and with the army of General p. N. Wrangel hearth tsarina’s, where during October 1919 it was injured by the splinter of grenade into the left foot and the left side. After recovery it fell on Ryazansk cavalry courses. During August student regiment they moved to the Kuban for dealing with the landing of General Sergey ulagaya. Zhukov became the Chief Petty Officer of platoon and he participated in “removal” of remainders of white army and forces of “green” from North Caucasus. At the end of the year it left to suppress uprisings on the Tambov government and in the Voronezh province. For the successful actions against the badly armed and weakly organized peasant- rebels the commander of squadron Zhukov obtained the first Soviet reward - the Order of the Red Banner.

After Civil War Georgiy Zhukov continued service in the cavalry. In 1924 - 1925 it learned in the cavalry advance courses of executive body. Constantine Rokossovskiy, who was being occupied with it in one group, recalled: "Zhukov, as no one, returned to the study of military science. Let us glance into his room - all, it creeps along the map, decomposed on the floor. Already then the matter, debt for it were above in all ". In 1929-1930 Zhukov again learned - now in the advance courses of the highest overbearing composition, and then he became the commander of cavalry brigade. During March 1933 it headed the 4th cavalry division; in 1936 was obtained the Order of Lenin for the successes of division in the combat training. In 1937 Zhukov accepted the 3rd cavalry housing. In autumn the same years of corps commander (corps commander) they attempted to accuse of the connections with former commanding Belorussian region Geronimo Uborevichem and other “enemies of people”. Zhukov reasonably objected, that on the kind of service it could not but contact with the commander of region. As a result during January 1938 the matter limited to party pronunciation “for roughness, for the clamp of self-criticism, the underestimation of political work and insufficient fight with fraud”. Pronunciation did not prevent career. In connection with the mass repressions many vacancies were freed, and the surviving commanders rapidly moved on the official stairs - frequently in order to soon also become the victims of terror. But Zhukov passed cup this. Helped the fact that he commanded the division of the 1st horse army. Commanders -konarme1qy traditionally used the patronage of the druggie of Clement Voroshilov’s defense. Already into iyuney9e8 g. Zhukov became the deputy of the commander of Belorussian military district on the cavalry. At the dignity into vsyumoshch’ unrolled his talent of military leader and clever educator of troops. During May 1940 they appropriated the title of General of the Army to Zhukov. Brilliant victory for Georgiy Constantinovich had deep personal value. It showed, on that was capable volitional chief when since 1937 the combat efficiency of the Red Army yearly, was monthly and daily undermined by mass repressions. On the pointer Of i.V.Stalina and its apprentices tens of thousands of commanders were destroyed, into the prisons, they were wearied in the camps. Itself Of g.K.Zhukov hardly not bollard by the victim of violence - in 1937 in Smolensk it, after perceiving the impending threat of arrest, went to the terrible risk - it sent into Moscow to Stalin and Voroshilov terrible telegram. They were added differently in those years of the fate of people, but Zhukov left at rest. Entire summer and the autumn of 1940 Zhukov constantly was situated in the troops, went the stressed studies under the conditions, approximating combat. The commander of region was exacting to himself and by others - teach what actually will be required in war. In the Soviet general staff the possible versions of war in the case of the attack of Germany has already been discussed. At the end of December 1940 beginnings of January 1941 in Moscow passed the conference of the high command of the Red Army. Its work followed I.V.Stalin. Those being present were struck by depth and courage of suzhdeniyZhukova, presented in its report the “nature of contemporary offensive operations”. He with entire seriousness emphasized: before face of the strongest army of the West it is not possible to lose minute, it is necessary to be for the ready to fully armed meet its fierce pressure. Next day Stalin called Zhukov and reported: The Politbureau decided to appoint yegonachal’nikom of General Staff. The general of modern war Zhukov assigned the first place for the swift actions of the tank and mechanized connections, which have powerful support from air. Not immediately and was not suddenly he succeeded in convincing of the correctness of its point of view of Stalin. On the slope of years Zhukov much reflected about the events of eve and beginning of great and terrible war. "certainly, on us - servicemen, said Zhukov, lies responsibility for the fact that we insufficiently required bringing army into full combat readiness and fastest adoption of the necessary measures. Obviously, we had to this make more decisively than they did… Certainly, it was necessary to actually visualize that it meant then to go despite Stalin in the evaluation of all-political situation, in all in the memory still there were the recently past years; and to state aloud that Stalin is unjust, that he makes mistakes, simply speaking, it could then mean that without having yet left the building, you already will go to drink coffee to Beria. And nevertheless this only one side of truth. Aya it must say entire. 4 he did not feel then. Before the war, that 4 grow wiser and it is more foresighted than Stalin, which 4 is better to egootsenivayu situation and more it I know… ".

On 1 June, 1939, of Zhukov suddenly caused Voroshilov. In the receiving of druggie the corps commander heard about the intrusion of the Japanese to the territory of the union OF THE USSR of Mongolia in the region of river Khalkhin-Gol. “I think, stated Voroshilov, that was ventured serious armed venture and on this the matter it will not end… Can you depart there immediately and… accept to yourselves command?” however, - “it is ready to depart this minute”, answered Zhukov. On 5 June he arrived in the staff special Soviet 57- GO of the separate housing, which was being located in the Mongolia. Several days the machine of division commander travelled about along the steppe, Zhukov personally wanted to look around everything. By the experienced eye of commander he evaluated the weak and strong sides of not numerous Soviet-Mongolian troops, which left into Khalkhin-Gol region. He sends into Moscow the urgent report: to immediately strengthen Soviet aviation, to send to the Mongolia not less than three rifle divisions and tank brigade. Purpose - to prepare counterattack. The proposals of Zhukov were accepted. On the night of 3 July the Japanese boosted Khalkhin-Gol and took Bain-Tsagan mountain. In order not to give to enemy to be fastened, Zhukov decided to attack hostile infantry by two tank brigades. In the morning on 5 July the Japanese began to step back to the passage, which proved to be exploded. Almost entire group, which was crossed to the western shore, was destroyed or seized into the captivity. Because of the thoroughly thought out by Zhukov system of disinformation, it was possible to hide from the enemy the approach of large subdivisions from the Soviet Union. The environment basic Japanese forces was planned with the aid of the flank attacks of the tank and mechanized parts. Task was facilitated by the fact that the Japanese practically did not have contemporary tanks, but Soviet aviation after persistent it was combat I could conquer supremacy in air. On 20 August the 1st army group of Zhukov began offensive, and already 31- GO the surrounded enemy troops ended resistance. On 31 August Georgiy Constantinovich reports about the successful completion of operation. Battle on Khalkhin-Gol river, that was mislaid somewhere in Asia, and, until now, known only to historians and to geographers, steeply turned everything in the international life. G.K.Zhukov, for this victory there was dostoyen of the Title of Hero of the Soviet Union, which contributed not only the liquidation of the danger, which hung over above the union to us Mongolian People’s Republic, but also to the stabilization of entire situation in the Far East. Khalkhin-Gol openly ster in the memory of the Japanese the idea about our soldier, which in them was formed according to the experience of Russo-Japanese war 1904-1905…

Marshall Zhukov was a great general. Anyone that pissed off Stalin, or made him feel insecure, was doing something right!

Nickdfresh, if only you’d imagine how stupid you are. Listen more to your “free press” and you’ll know a lot more interesting things about people like Stalin, who in American interpretation were total morrons. But actually morrons are those americans, who think so :slight_smile:

Wrong choice comrade! 1 point for insults.

Dani, well if you pretend to name yourself as wise, just ask yourself a question: why does a american and european “free press” does not say anything bad about the Lenin, who was the real creator of Gulag camps, the VChK etc; and on the other side they blame Stalin, who returned almost all Russian empires territory, restored Orthodox church, created the Allied coallition, even that 20 years ago USSR and Americans\Englanders were enemies (Foreign intervention in Russian empire at the Civil war), and done all the best he could to win the WW2. The reasons because that histeria has started is the same, because it has started now, around the Putin. Everyone in the west civilization is afraid of a mighty Russia, so they need it to be weak, and this why they do eveything they could to make other people think, that rulers like Stalin were awfull for Soviet Union.

P.S. Actually I am not interested in prooving you something, just think about this, and try to be fair atleast in front of yourself.

You are right. I should quote only this one to make clear my warning:

Riga, Soviet Union.

HnH I just want to let you now that Riga is the capital city of Latvia, and it did not belong to the Soviet Union since 1991…you should now better.:mrgreen:

And I really dont like Zhukov, he expend too many human lives in order to get his objetives, it must be somebody else better than him.

who are all the russain generals i have not studied them much if anyone can name them

He is not my favourite marshal as well, but if you’ve made your opinion about him relying to the modern TV channels such as Discovery, or Viasat History it’s better everything, that you belive to be truth. Even german commanders, who were fighting against him, and have lost, are far more truthful.

Zhukov, Rokossovsky, Konev, Malinovsky, Tolbukhin, Vasilevsky, Govorov, Mereckov, Eremenko, Bagramyan.

You can post a map with the size of a house if you want, it still dont belong to the soviet union, the soviet did not exist anymore. get use to the news man. :roll:

Well the country that was more then 300 years a part of Russian empire\USSR, and now is independent, less then 40 years in a sum, looks really funny. Btw it’s not independent any more - it is a part of european union now.

My number one is Ivan Konev. Konev safe Krakow and this is reason why he is for me number one

I don’t like Konev, he betrayed Rokossovsky, and because of that Rokossovsky had to sit few years in prison. My favourite marshal is Rokossovsky. He was true war genious.

I totally agree with you Panzerknacker. I have read a great deal about Zhukov. He was no doubt a great general, but he sometimes implemented stupid orders from Stalin that resulted in horrendous losses. In some ways he was a psychophant to Stalin as some of Hitler’s general were too.

I prefer Rokossovsky who did on several occasions challenge Zhukov’s orders. I believe Zhukov was also very quick to use the death penalty on his troops with HUGE numbers being executed on his say so. That said Zhukov was trusted by Stalin to bring military disasters under control quickly.

Both of them of course were under constant scrutiny by Stalin and the NKVD, if they had questioned an order too rigorously then there can be little doubt they would soon be dead. No Western general had that type of pressure on their shoulders!

I read some where recently that Russians themselves vote Zhukov as their greatest WW2 general.

He is not my favourite marshal as well, but if you’ve made your opinion about him relying to the modern TV channels such as Discovery, or Viasat History it’s better everything, that you belive to be truth. Even german commanders, who were fighting against him, and have lost, are far more truthful.

I try to not wacht TV because unfortunately I have cable. The only operation in wich the german losses were bigger than the Russian was Bagration, I did not recolect any other time.

I totally agree with you Panzerknacker. I have read a great deal about Zhukov. He was no doubt a great general, but he sometimes implemented stupid orders from Stalin that resulted in horrendous losses. In some ways he was a psychophant to Stalin as some of Hitler’s general were too

Yea, unfortunately I did not know many about the russian military to give a solid opinion but …it must be someone better.