your favorite WW2 movie?

well,mine is stalag 17.ok,i know it’s not a war movie but the setting is WW2.The Bridge on the River Kwai is also a personal favorite of mine.Yes,i like William Holden a lot :slight_smile:

saving private ryan??

SPR was excellent, and Stalag 17 was excellent as well. I have so many favorite war flicks that I cannot pick just one. :frowning:

Thats a hard one. Ill have to say saving private ryan. Though Band of Brothers is not a movie…this is a great series to watch.

Yea Band of Brothers is a rockin series. Combat is an excellent series too. :smiley:

I liked The Battle of Britain, A Bridge to Far and Saving Private Ryan The best

Das Boot, only first 30 min Saving Private Ryan …

Enemy at the Gates was a good movie too.

Opening scene at Stalingrad is amazing.

I think the opening scene of Saving Pvt Ryan and the Stalingrad scene of Enemy at the Gates both put you in a state of awww. Hard to believe people actually had to do those things.

ya, it totally changes your perspective. Even playing Call of Duty, when you are a russian conscript and are unloaded on the beach.

The enemy at the gates - very bad film. The Soviet veterans protested against this film. Maintenance of fighters was quite good enough. Rifles and cartridges gave in normal quantity. Officers of red army are presented as concourse of alcoholics…
German film Stalingrad is much more truthful.

The enemy at the gates - very bad film. The Soviet veterans protested against this film. Maintenance of fighters was quite good enough. Rifles and cartridges gave in normal quantity. Officers of red army are presented as concourse of alcoholics…
German film Stalingrad is much more truthful.[/quote]

Never saw it. Is it avaible on the standard video store shelves? If so I may have to pick it up. :smiley:

Yea you should be able to find is just about anywhere. Has Jude Law in it.

I have seen a bit of the German movie Stalingrad. It looked really good but didnt get to see it all.

Did anyone like the movie the Memphis Belle? Past all the singin and crap i thought it was a pretty good flick about WW2 bombing missions.

i agree with my Russian friend.Stalingrad is much better than Enemy at the gates.

Das Boot - one of the best ww2 movie!!

Was it not the same people who did Das Boot Did Stalingrad?

I mean the films of course :stuck_out_tongue:

Das Boot was directed by Wolfgang Petersen. I believe the Stalingrad they are talking about was directed by Joseph Vilsmaier. The Internet Movie Database is a great site to find out anything on movies.

http://www.imdb.com/

A Bridge to Far is a really good movie as well. Has alot of great actors in it. I think you have to be a WW2 buff to really appreciated it though.