Your support needed for our wounded Armed Forces!

I’ve been a lurker here for sometime but hope you all don’t mind the subject of my first post in awhile…

Here in Britain not much media coverage is given to the large number of British servicemen and women being seriously wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Our soldiers are sent to war by our Government to fight for our Queen and country. You may not support the war but please do a little thing to help our service personnel and their families.

The Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA) are in the process of purchasing a house near Headley Court, the one and only Ministry of Defence rehabilitation centre, to allow next of kin to stay for short periods of time to visit their severely wounded relatives. The house will have a minor conversion to allow wheelchair access and, on average, eight relatives, to a maximum of twelve, will live there so that they can be close to, and help, their wounded servicemen.

Unfortunately a number of local residents have made an objection. The residents are concerned that this proposed Families Support Centre will cause increased traffic, noise, rubbish and lower their property values. NIMBYism at it’s worst, I’m afraid.

If you would like to support SSAFA and injured servicemen and their families, please consider signing this Downing Street petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Headley

And please visit http://www.36grayslane.co.uk/ to learn more about this proposal and the objections to it.

Thanks for listening :smiley:

Hi there, lads.

For the Brit lads on the forum, this is the same campaign I PMd you about a few days ago.

Cheers.

Didn’t know you were here Psywar :smiley:

Greetings.

Good to hear you’re already on the case. Well done :smiley:

1000ydstare, I get everywhere :wink:

Cheers all,
Psy

For the BritCon.

Planing permission granted.

after a roller coaster of 1 hr and 15 mins ( i think) 17 councillers voted in favour, 0 against with 4 abs.

I signed it.
It’s a good thing.