"You're not a-foolin' me - there is no Sanity Clause ..."

Apparently, snow fell in the uplands of Saudi Arabia in the last few days - an unheard occurrence before the age of global warming. In one place, confused locals went to the local Wahhabi Imam, asking for guidance on how to respond to this strange situation. The Imam was not too clear on this matter in general, but nevertheless issued a fatwa, forbidding the people to make … snowmen, on the grounds that this offended the “Islamic” prohibition on the portrayal of the human form.

I kid you not.

Some other suggested fatwas:

• against snowball fights; these involve attacks on Fellow Believers

• against skiing; the Prophet (Blessings and Peace be upon Him) had no knowledge of skis

• roasting chestnuts over an open fire; chestnuts, as a food favored by pigs, are unsuitable food for the Believer

• against hanging up Christmas stockings for Santa Claus; Santa is an abomination created by the Satanic Coca-Cola company. And anyway, Christmas is unIslamic

• against winter woolies; these are anathema to Islamic dress codes.

Any other suggested fatwas ?

Yours from the Asylum, Jedda, JR.

Fatwa against building a snowman is logic according to their religion but funny on how its not allowed for them have fun with snow, but against snowball fights i have a question: is it “legal” if you have a snowball fight with an infidel?!

I think i read about a fatwa on terrorism, which states a refuse of ideology against taliban and al-qaeda

Maybe, but that doesn’t mean it’s ignored in Islamic countries, such as Malaysia where my son is and sent back pictures of Xmas decorations similar to these.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=christmas+decorations+malaysia&biw=1525&bih=704&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Gga1VO7_AcH78QXt3oGwBw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=0.9#tbm=isch&q=christmas+decorations+kuala+lumpur&imgdii=_

And Dubai.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=christmas+decorations+saudi+arabia&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=-Aa1VIXPGc_-8QXSgYGQDA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1525&bih=704&dpr=0.9#tbm=isch&q=christmas+decorations+dubai

Breaking down sectarian borders, or just pursuit of the mighty dollar?

I believe breaking down sectarian borders would be if we saw christmas decorations in “hardcore” countries such as Iran or Iraq, in this cities probably the goal is economic due to the number of visitors especially if you think that these countries are in the tropic, i mean warm christmas

Well, the Christians did it first when they stole Saturnalia :slight_smile:

Hey Sheldon hell of a point :lol: But i think Nickdfresh has a point… leaving in a multicultural world makes things easy. People commune one another so this is pretty logical

“it is forbidden to greet a joyful xmass to infidel”

“New year eve is for infidel, the muslim only orientate on Islam calendar year”

“muslim forbidden to wear any infidel’s attire (service industry staff not allowed to wear santa’s head/cap during festive seasons)”