2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just saw a documentary about the situation in South Africa which showed that many white people seem to have problems to accept the national team as theirs since the players were mostly black.

Argentinien will win ( yea…sure )

Aniway I think we going to make a lot of goal in the first stage and then we going melt down in the second stage as usual. :neutral:

At least you’ll reach the next round, Lionel Messi alone should be able to do the job.
The German team will need some luck to reach the round of the last sixteen and if we’ll do, we will probably annihilated by England.

England ? what about them? Is not like if they were good, the hottest player in England is Tevez, the ugliest man to ever to wear the white- àle blue shirt.

http://www.football-pictures.net/data/media/269/Carlos-Tevez-Manchester.jpg

…and this guy make more money than ( an extremely good looking) me, the world is so unfair.

Three of us :wink:

Back to the Football, my country aren’t in it this time (Again) so pointless in cheering for them.
Spain should do good this year but i will be cheering for Germany, been my other than Ireland team since Euro 08.

Then you can imagine how bad the German team is this time…:frowning:

Probably the level is not high, but Germany historically knows how to play in Wolrd Cups, I remember also in 2006 a formidable campaign was spectred from the Argentinaand England Teams , and they both failed, why ? because the tended to wear out the the finals, thing the Germany and Italy historically did not.

Entered the office sweepstake and got landed with Argentina - might as well wave bye-bye to the dosh. :frowning:

I think their are elements to this statement that are true in certain areas of the country, just as their are black people who do not support the national rugby team (who are world champions) since the players are mostly white …on a hole though the majority, white and black support the national soccer team and are proudly South African. On a personal level though i just dont think the national soccer team has what it takes from a skill perspective.:wink:

The Germans tend to play closer together and be more cohesive, correct? I think I’ve read the whole is greater than the sum of the parts…

Entered the office sweepstake and got landed with Argentina - might as well wave bye-bye to the dosh.

Shiiuuut…and I thought I knew english

The Germans tend to play closer together and be more cohesive, correct? I think I’ve read the whole is greater than the sum of the parts

Yea, that is true in world cups just check Argentina in 1978, Germany in 1990 and Italy 2006 they havent any spectacular player but they sucedeed aniway.

I actually think that man for man the Argentina squad may just be the best in the tournament. The telling factor I think will be Maradona, is he up to the task, can he manage this excellent group of talent?

It remains to be seen, but if they can get it together then I can see them heading a long way.

As for the others, as usual Brasil look good, the Dutch seem a good bet if they don’t argue, Spain may be confident enough to advance further than they usually do and you can’t discount Portugaul or England who have both got decent teams.

Should be interesting.

Well, Spain has a good team, but I dont see them as wolrd champions, merely as a promise. I agree on Argentina, but it tends to wear put quickly in the quartefinals.

Right, you don’t win games with Vuvuzelas alone but no hosting nation was ever eliminated in the first round. Promising, isn’t it?:wink:

Hey, that’s the European champion you’re talking about. They’re in the Top-3 for me this time.

Jawhol, but remember the cases with Greece and Denmarck, they both had European Championships in thier bags, but the next year they failed to even classify for the WC.

By the way just finished to wasted 90 minutes of my life, U.ar.guay and France 0-0, what a boring match, specially what a boring France.:neutral:

Early matches don’t seem to be the best, find your feet and style then go from there i guess.
Germany vs Australia has been the better so far but it also has a back red card call against Australia.

EDIT: After seeing the aftermatch replay it was a dangerous tackle.

Right, by now every team has started into the tournament and the level was pretty low. Ironically Germany was one of the better, maybe the best, team so far (Australia was very disappointing though).

Concerning Greece, well, I guess I’ll never understand how a team that played such a destructive and unalluring ball could win the championship.
Besides, as we speak, one of my co-faves Spain lost against almighty Switzerland…