2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

The Swiss goal was something else, didn’t know if i should cheer or laugh at the way it was scored. If that match was anything to go by then my thoughts on Spain were off.
Tonights match should be good, both France and Mexico need the win, Uruguay will probably want France to win which would allow them to go through on a draw or a 1-0 loss to Mexico depending on tonights score.

Well, to keep it shortly now the match is over, France is screwed!

I get it now, Soccer is dancing…

I think now the only way they can stay in is if Mexico or Uruguay loose and France beats South Africa by 4 or 5 goals but as we have seen France can’t score.
If Germany win tomorrow i would say they are in to the next round, second spot for sure but if they do win tomorrow then i can see them beating Ghana as well.

I’m pretty sure Mexico and Uruguay will sign a nice Latino non-aggression pact for the next match.:wink:
France may win 43:0 and it wouldn’t mean shite then.
dwp, for you being Irish the French downfall must be a delayed gratification, doesn’t it?:smiley:

As the Irish match commentator said after the first goal “What comes around goes around” and i admit i felt a little justice was served :smiley:

I’m stuck between Brazil and Spain :smiley:

Well that was a score i didn’t expect, 1-0 to Serbia.
That ref was very bad but Germany took that penalty badly, they did have a good call for a second one but again that ref.

It would be cheap to blame the ref for everything what went wrong.
Today’s match showed exactly what I expected from the team in the first place. They were brought back down to earth today and it showed the real meaning of the victory against the Aussie leisure players (ok, I’m going over the top here…).
The Serbs did exactly what they had to do and they did it good!

Na i’m not just blaming the ref, German had their own part to play which they really didn’t do to well but that ref just interfered way to much i my opinion. Not surprising that the commentator said he gave out 11 red cards in 17 La Liga matches.

The USA had a good come back, 3rd goal disallowed for pushing int he box or something like that.

Ja, I am sure everybody remember my reservations about Spain. We in the other hand aldeady in, let see if is against the Mexinarcs or ur.ar.guay.

By the way ugly UK.

Just watched England being lucky to scrape a draw against Algeria. What a waste of 2 hours of my life!

Yup, the way it looks now Argentina is the only team of the “big ones” that did not disappoint.
For me they’re absolute favourites now which would mean that 32Bravo would not lose his “dosh”.:smiley:
Besides, I guess it will be the Urus to play against Argentina, Diego Forlan is great!

Like all the other European top teams so far they failed. At least a cold comfort for the tortured German soccer soul on a day like this…:wink:

Yup, the way it looks now Argentina is the only team of the “big ones” that did not disappoint

Hopefully we will not get smashed in the 4terfinals as usual.

Besides, I guess it will be the Urus to play against Argentina, Diego Forlan is great!

I hope no, Uruguay is stronger than mexico, probably will get too tired to knock them out and then…

England was poor this afternoon, but at list showed more blood in his veins that France, france my good, I wont dare to talk about it.

I remember that scene, thought it would break the Algerian in half!:shock:

A horrible frigging call! :mad:

Well there’s still Holland to prove there is some talent left in western Europe, not that i’m going to say anything about it since my past thoughts went from likely to completely wrong. Still it will light a fire under every teams butt now, still chances for Germany, England and the USA.

They won both their matches, right, but without playing too well. That’s even the public opinion in the Netherlands.

Wasn’t to impressed with their play either, it’s still two wins though which is more than the other teams can say.
I still think some of the bigger teams will sort their issues for the last games and then hopefully we will see some better matches from them in the next round, those that get there.