2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

I had a chance to watch some of it, and the Germans remind me of an axiom generally used in (playoff) NHL (U.S.-Canadian) hockey: “It’s not the best team that wins a series, it’s the team that’s playing the best.” The Germans play so well as a unit they seem to give everyone fits…

My sincere congratulations to all the germans here., it was in fact an atonishing display by Germany: Around here nodody see it coming, for 6 hours after the match no a single sound was heard, and that is in a big city. It fell like a bomb actually, like several bombs.

Maradona has not been worst nor better than the last argie managers, 2002 argentine was “franced” not reaching the 8th finals, in 2006 we lost in the penalty shootout against the same enemy, dont seems to me that maradona is the problem, the problem is that as a team, Germany is superior, simply like that

Another good display by the German team, their speed was amazing to watch after they counter attacked.
Hoping for a German Dutch final since they would probably deliver the best game out of the teams that are left.

This brings up a potential worst case scenario (from a German point of view) and its color is orange.:frowning:

Unless something extraordinary happen we will going to have a Germany-Netherlands Final. Today Uruguay played quite well but wasnt enough.

I think Germany will win tonight, not to sure about another thrashing but a win none the less.

Seems like you underestimated the Spaniards after all…
Anyway, Spain deserved the victory and the (realistic) people in Germany know that being among the top four teams is the best one could expect of this quite young and unexperienced team.
I think being defeated by Spain in the semi finals is not as painful as a lost final against the Netherlands (but that’s my personal thinking;)).

More relevantly, it looks like the octopus got it right again!

Yup, and we all hoped it would end up as a Paella ingredient…

Should have bet on the octopus.
Oh well, German team did very well and gave us so excellent if unexpected matches.

Seems like you underestimated the Spaniards after all…
Anyway, Spain deserved the victory and the (realistic) people in Germany know that being among the top four teams is the best one could expect of this quite young and unexperienced team.
I think being defeated by Spain in the semi finals is not as painful as a lost final against the Netherlands (but that’s my personal thinking).

I did, the championship by Spain was quite extraordinary.

…and the finale against the Netherlands was quite…intense!

photo: EPA

I have that assasin kick in my video channnel, De jong should be in prison. :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Panzerargentino?feature=mhw4

The dutch team looked more like a karate team then a football team at times, not a great final.

Do you remember an attractive final?

Now that you mention it , nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTFKjJaV15I

:lol:

The Starwars part is funny, sounds like Chewie.