2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

2 goals cooked Greece, I hope England get trough, we might face them in 4terfinals

You might ask : The mexicans in 8th finals ???, the mexicans are already out.

A word about France: What a patetic clown Domenech is…he think that for not moving a muscle when his side is losing he might be the new Clint Eastwoon in “Dirty Harry”, a big broom is needed in that team.

That’s why one of his players told him to **** himself up the ***. Furthermore he called him something what you would translate as ‘hijo de puta’.:wink:
Domenech’s mother wasn’t amused I read…

Some interesting next round matches after been lined up and Italy going home isn’t all to surprising either.

What do you guys think about Germany and England?

See my post #24 in this thread. Three weeks ago I wrote Germany will be annihilated by England.
Well, since England is playing not so well I think we won’t be annihilated but Germany will be narrowly defeated.

Well, maybe not narrowly…

Well that was unexpected.

Interesting too that Blatter was there since he’s been against goal line tech.

I think you underestimated how badly England can play together as a team. The two goals they scored were really rather good, while the 4 Germany scored were largely the result of England cock-ups. No question but that Germany deserved this win.

Damn, that was intense…Germany played surprisingly well until England’s first goal. I’m sure the match would have been a much different one if the ref and his team had approved the second English goal. I was surprised that England practically gave up around the 70th minute, this was pretty un-English.
Anyway, I guess after 44 years we’re even…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYixmHvnN0s

Shootout is the most unfair way to end a game, they should have played OT until someone scores the winning goal

Dunno, if you’re referring to the Paraguay vs. Japan match I’m afraid they’d still play as I’m writing this…

Penalties are unfair on the person who misses or has his shot saved but it’s also the fastest way to end the match.
Probably not an issue originally but since all the matches are televised it prevent to much of time issue.

I thought some of the players were asleep in the Paraguay vs Japan extra time, almost certain i saw a blanket and pillow at one stage.

They could have gone with 9 vs 9 to open more space, allowing easier time for players to score.

Was kind of embarrasing to see how easy the germans penetrate the english defensive lines. Too bad the second british goal wasnt allowed. aniway I think England started to lost in the qualifing row, I mean come on guys, you should won against Algeria so no to play Germany.

Now is our turn, let see if the high mobile argie attackers could defeat the “sigfried” line of Muller and Co. I am confident that we will, we have a team far superior of the one beaten 4 to 1.:mrgreen:

I think the most embarrassing moment of the world cup is the referee, they literally ruined the game!

There were a few refs that didn’t let the game flow, free kicks even when advantage would have been fine.

Germans are adding lockerroom reading material:
Germany captain Philipp Lahm added to the head games Thursday by essentially calling the Argentines hot heads.

“We have to concentrate on our own game. They are temperamental, we’ll see how they deal with defeat on Saturday,” Lahm said. “They are impulsive, temperamental and they don’t know how to lose.”

Lahm’s comments upped the ante after midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger said Wednesday that Argentina showed no respect for opponents and referees. Team manager Oliver Bierhoff then chimed in by saying the Argentines were “aggressive” and “provocative” on the field. Courtesy of AP Sports

Argentina - Germany 0:4

Un****ingbelievable!!!

Yup, some of them certainly remembered the 2006 quarter final’s aftermath against Argentina…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uHbbWGLwNE&feature=related