A QUICK QUIZ - WW2

Operation Manna (UK)
Operation Chowhound (US).

A truce was agreed with the Germans in order for the Op’s to go ahead.

Told you it would be easy :D:D:D

Questions :?: :?: :?: :?:

K what type of plane did Rudolf Hess steal to fly to England? Date too please!!!

Bf-110, sometime in 1941. Can’t remember exactly.

10th of May, 1941

Gen. Sandworm, please say something! :lol: :lol:

Sorry. BDL you got the plane and Dani got the date. So one of you its your turn.

I’ll let BDL to input the quiz!

The English translation is ‘Cherry Blossom’, what am I talking about?

I think that was the name of an airplane specifically designed for kamikaze attacks. :?
Or its not WWII related?

Thought it might take longer than that :cry:

It’s a Japanese jet powered kamizaze plane

Yokosuka MXY-7 Okha?

(Okha=Cherry Blossom)

Edited: I had a bad connection!

Well kamikazes was always one of my favoured WWII facts.

OK here’s my question:

A valet employed in the British Embassy in Ankara, Turkey during WWII. While working there he used a duplicate key to open the Ambassador’s safe and photographed all the documents he found there to pass on to the Germans. These included plans for the D-day invasion. He was paid 300,000 British pounds for this information, but later, when he tried to use this money to build a hotel, he discovered the notes to be counterfeit. he later wrote his memoirs which earned him quite a large sum but he died in poverty.

Name and codename?

Elyese Bazna alias Ulysses Diello - codename Cicero.

Edited: also you could check a movie!! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6303102433/103-7259622-3363045?v=glance

Dam it Dani :evil:
You’re too fast!

Your turn.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Which US Army General was first choice to be commander of American forces in Europe?

Patton.

Removed from consideration after an incident involving a soldier suffering from what is now known as PTSD.

Nope.

The “slapping” incident happened on 12th August 1943. On 23rd August General Patton apologized to the 3rd Infantry Division and said, “I love every bone in your heads”. Concluding his remarks, he walked from the stage but then turned dramatically and saluted the American flag and the Division’s standard before leaving without another word.

Also good reference: http://www.pattonhq.com/unknown/chap08.html

As for my quiz, search earlier then August '43! :smiley: