A QUICK QUIZ - WW2

Can we walk forward with this please? :evil:

Oops :oops:

Sorry people but I forgot to check this.

The exploding coal is pretty close.

Clue:

Popski’s Private Army

I seem to remember somthing about mines being diguised as camel dung in North Africa so could the answer be somthing along similar lines but either donkey of horse dung.

Close enough Largebrew.
They were known as “Mule’s Turds, Calabrian”, from where they were used.
The fake turds had enough explosive in them to blow a wheel off a truck but the main effect was the deployment of German troops as guards & on security sweeps, rather than at the front where they were needed.

So Topor, you’ll allow LargeBrew or you’ll post another one?

Crack on Topor I’m swamped with work at the moment

Till Topor’s returning here it is a new one:
Which was the world’s biggest submarine(s) in ww2?

Japanese Navy I-401?

http://www.strangemilitary.com/content/item/106425.html

Japanese “I-400” class, at in excess of 5000tons surface displacement.

I wus busy at work :stuck_out_tongue:

What was the “forgotten army”? (easy this :smiley: )

THe British army in Burma?

Yes
14th Army

You & Firefly can argue about who gets to ask the next one 'cos it’s nuffink to do wiv me :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s very simple. If Trooper wouldn’t post in 12 hours, Firefly will goes with the next one.

OK here’s another easy one.

Name the village in Normandy where Michael Wittman distinguished himself.

Villers-Bocage?

You got it Tsolias… over to you.

Thanks.

During WWII the British forgery section run by Ellic Howe produced cigarette paper to be dropped on Germany on a number of occasions. These black items were given “H” numbers. Some of those known are H.329 (5000 packs of EFKA cigarette paper), H.381 (EFKA-PYRAMIDEN cigarette paper), H.443 (GIZEH cigarette paper), and H.446 (GIZEH cigarette paper). It is known that in some of these cigarette paper packs, of the 50 sheets, at least 10 were printed.
What was the text about?

Some of the papers had accurate gen on the German towns and cities that had been bombed, and how many foreign workers were ‘entertaining’ the hausfrau or fraulein at home.

There were instructions on how to ‘swing the lead’ to get out of war work or active service.
There were also papers with info on how the German sldrs could desert and which countries would not repatriate them.

Correct enough for me.

Your turn.

Easy one:

Where did the BEF very much mistakenly believe it would hang out it’s washing ?

On the Siegfried Line?

starts whilstling a little tune …