A rash of new spammers

Seems Beijing , and Hanoi are full of people with nothing better to do. Just got a few more myself. The China folks are really becoming a problem, they just never stop trying, and seem to land alot of spam on the boards. I’ve visiting much more than usual, and always find them signing up, or having left spam to clean up. Would be nice if they could be filtered.

It’s a total spam’athon this morning, I think we need to update registration software!

It is getting pretty bad, they are getting too much through. I cleaned up 6 or so posts just now. Don’t know if they put this much effort into other sites, but they seem to like their business with this one.

You would think everything being moderated and invisible to most here would convince them not to bother…

I just deleted 18 moderated spam threads…this place is crawling.

Add to that the dozen or so from late last night’s cleanup, and a couple this morning. I always give the place a look at before I call it a night, and frequently during the day since its still chilly here in the mountains. Can these guys be filtered? they seem to use only a couple different IP’s.

Did we take out the user-ID registration feature?

I don’t know what there is now, but the spammer signups have been increasing, I just banned more than 1 page of them. It was fairly quiet last night, but today, tons of them.

It’s getting a little ridiculous constantly deleting spammer threads. I think we need to discuss increasing security or only allowing users to register with admin permission…

That would be helpful, most of the spam is from China, or Turkey, short of blocking those entire Countries, an admin approval of new members would be sufficient. (for me anyway, my click finger gets tired after awhile)