A rash of new spammers

:stuck_out_tongue:

Only 7 registrations yesterday!

Some spam this morning, but all from ID’s registered in October…

I had a few bits last night, didn’t catch when they signed up though.

Definitely brought down registration by quite a bit!

Yep. I only see some “clingers” that have been banned online, or occasionally some spam from a User ID that registered within the last couple of months. But that’s decreasing quite a bit as well…

Just banned about a dozen spammer ID’s trying to start threads, but all had registered prior to the new registration controls on October 17th or 18th…

I had a similar occurrence this morning, (Dec. 4) 10 of them, all sign-ups in mid-October, all from the Rutminecom bunch.

FYI - The anti-spam tool continues to be very effective. I have deleted a couple of spammer threads, but not much. The other board I mod at also was having problems so the owner, “Sarge” (actually an active duty U.S. Army Major commissioned from the ranks) installed a tool that detects and automatically denies registration to bots because they auto-register within seconds…

I’ve always had this installed, but that only stopped a few bots. Glad to hear the latest one is still working great!

We seem to be getting a lot of recent spammers getting through and posting threads and responses to threads that are “Moderated”. I’ve deleted a bunch today…

Yup, same here.

Me too, a couple here, and there. one just now.

Been watching the registrations. Are there any spam posts?

Yes, there’s a “moderated” spam post on the board right now…

There have been a couple spam posts being landed every day it seems, usually posted by the same person, hit and run fashion.

Lots of spam threads make it through lately…all more or less from the same IP: 140.246.28.121.

There are a bunch who list their location as Chaubiet13,with email addresses from Viet Nam.They keep coming back,despite being banned and occasionally landing posts on the boards. I deleted 3 just now.

Just banned and deleted seven spammers and their threads or so…

They’ve been busy today, banned deleted about a half dozen, They must not be interested in Easter.
There are a large number of spamming attempts with some being successful, that originate in China. The location is always given in a sequential string of letters, and then non sequential numbers. Here is one example from tonight’s harvest of miscreant souls. See the “about me” tab. http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/member.php/29181-kalisiptwh

And this one as well, posted a while after.http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/member.php/29156-kalnhmlxot

I deleted and reported about five more threads first thing this AM…