Best firearm of the war.

i would go for the FG-42…lethality of the infamous 7.62 mm round+the advantage of a scope…

Uuummm…

Forgive my lack of knowledge and correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t know of, nor have I been able to find, any records of the German armed forces of WWII fielding airsoft weapons in battle.
Nor have I found any instances of Allied and Axis troops being afraid of them. Do you have any examples of this happening ?
Have you tried a Tanaka K98 ?
How hard was the recoil compared with say a No 4 or a Mauser K98 ?

But if the Tanaka 98 is ok then my vote goes ‘The Gat.’
An excellent wpn known to generations of young* soldiers.

• = Seven to ten year old.

Wot about the 1938 Daisy?

It’s magazeen cud hold 650 BBs (I think that meanz batleships) witch made it more deathliester than the Tanaka with it’s lousy 5 rounds (bullets).

It wasnt verry acurate but you don’t have to be wen youve got 650 battleships cumming out of your mussel.

I just found out that BB stands for BB.

They were like ball beerings.

Ball beerings are round, so I guess thats where bullets got to be called rounds from.

:mrgreen:

I thought ball beerings were the groups of people you buy a round of beer for when you meet them at a ball.

You may think so, as the Mother Country is not what it was, but down here we preserve tradition. And standards!

One does not buy drinks at a ball, and one is never served beer. The only fizz allowed at the balls I attend is Moet, or Bolly if the Moet runs out. The lower orders cannot afford this so they drink sparkling wines, but even they never drink beer at a ball.

By the way, I must apologise for the last two posts under my name. I left my computer on and my dog, which spends a lot of time on Facebook, snuck in and apparently thought that the original Tanaka post was of the Facebook type. So he contributed on the basis of his limited knowledge of firearms, which has been derived largely from often being shot in the arse with BBs from a Daisy by the cat loving pacifist hippie next door.

Had I posted those silly comments, I would not have said that ball bearings are round. They are spherical.

agreed

i like almost all firearms though

i would say its the m1 carbine.it was a great fire arm that was used until the 1960s.

Hogan, how old are you?

Best firearm, Hmm . well, at least its better than the M-1 carbine,

Arm-on-Fire.jpg

He claims to have reached 15 in another thread. I have my doubts.