British HumoUr

My jobs from 1-4

RE C3- Systems Combat RE
Artillry Gunner
Combat Medic
Dog trainer/ Handler

“What I don’t believe is that they didn’t tell you. Yes, they may not have done, but they should have. If they find anything wrong with a applicant they tell them”

Thats what i said to my APC Sgt and he got on to his C/O about it but nothing came bk to me about it

Wasn’t thinking of getting directly involved, if you don’t mind mate.

Not recruiting staff either.

Off on tour soon and I don’t really want the hassle.

What are you doing now, what job interests you.

The only thing I can think of that wouldn’t be picked up by your optician but would be picked up by the army is your colour perception.

There are a few jobs where that is important. Veh Elect, Techs of various types, EOD bloke etc.

But the list you gave is non-sensical in that there are a fair few that you should be able to do (academic quals aside) that you don’t list.

Pioneer incidently is a good job, it is hard but varied.

There are also other jobs such as train driver, and various maritime roles that you probably don’t know about.

Like I say help us to help you.

But I’m not comfortable with pushing you along. I’ll try to give you any help you need, but it’s your life, you’re going to have to open the door yourself.

Izabig_d, a quick but very important one mate, don’t name names on the net, for reasons of PERSEC, (personal security.)
While certain terrorist groups say they won’t use weapons any more, they’ve always lied in the past so these words are just for public consumption.

Please replace the gentlemen’s names with blank spaces, cheers pal.

I’m not recruiting staff either, but am happy to assist potential recruits in any way I can.

dohhh I forgot that its done now
:wink:

Thanks - but you might like to check again !

Hi folks

Gunner Fd Guns is a trade requiring colour perception. This may be the problem.

If your problem is simply one of short sight (and it would have to be hugely poor to keep you out) then consider laser surgery. Best £ 575 I ever spent, but make sure you get the earlier version. Check with the Recruiting Office as to what they will allow. I wish I’d had it done years ago instead of shilly-shallying.

Hope you get the job you want, in the Forces or out

Fluffy