Coronavirus: What's Going On In Your Part Of The World?

It seems a bit like CATO-cherry-picking red herrings, highlighting a study that I am guessing assumed no social distancing, though accurately predicting the actual fatality rate for the infected. It wasn’t the one used by policy makers though they’re trying to imply something. But perhaps the CATO Institute could tell us how many would die if we did not lockdown much of the population? Is the study “overblown” if 2.2 million die with no social distancing restrictions? which at the going rate of 55,000 dead in the midst of a tight lockdown doesn’t seem so unrealistic…

The actual numbers put out by the gov’ts (Federal and state) were 240,000 in the high side, and about 100,000 in late march. And quite frankly, we won’t be done counting bodies until the second wave is over, and this may well go on into 2022 as the Spanish Flu of 1918 went into 1920…

Maybe CATO should hold themselves more accountable with their “Death Panels” hysteria piece: https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/real-death-panels-are-coming-our-way

But hey! Maybe killing old people is okay if it saves the economy!

1. Australia start this panic buying with toilet paper. Now it’s gone back to normal.

2. be careful, some *****s with corona will deliberately try to infect you and others.

Erie County has begun reopening and Phase II should start this Tuesday with all retail, construction, and hair salons (thank God, I need a cut!) opening. Restaurants remain take-out only for at least another two weeks, and I cannot wait to go to a bar (but only with proper social distancing of course!)!!

Yeah, we have purchase quotas here but everything is generally available although there is a fear that meat and poultry prices might go up. But I haven’t noticed any major shortages of that…

1. be careful, some *****s with corona will deliberately try to infect you and others.

What? LOL I haven’t heard any of that. We have had arseholes spit and cough at police after being picked up for things like drunk driving (seriously all the bars are closed, you have to be a complete ****wit to be driving drunk from drinking at home!). Those that do this are now liable for felony assault and battery!

Yeah, we have purchase quotas here but everything is generally available although there is a fear that meat and poultry prices might go up. But I haven’t noticed any major shortages of that…

1. be careful, some *****s with corona will deliberately try to infect you and others.

What? LOL I haven’t heard any of that. We have had arseholes spit and cough at police after being picked up for things like drunk driving (seriously all the bars are closed, you have to be a complete ****wit to be driving drunk from drinking at home!). Those that do this are now liable for felony assault and battery!

We have quotas on meats at the grocers I’ve been to down here. Limit 5 items total of beef and pork.

Texas is short of beef? The South is limiting pork? The USA is in deep trouble.:wink:

Given that China is punishing Australia on every trade and tourist front for us daring to request an independent investigation into its handling of the Wuhan / COVID19 issue (because we’re a little guy China thinks it can bully in its usual fashion and China isn’t willing to take on its real enemy directly, being USA), we’ve probably got a bit of beef and pork to spare for our starving cousins in Texas. :wink: No Longhorns here, just black Angus as best beef.

You buy fresh meat at the grocers? Like what we call supermarkets? There’s your problem. Support your local butcher, like some of my local butchers.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Shopping---Retail/Weightmans-Quality-Meats-148950505743995/ (In case you’re mystified by what appears to be standard but confusing English in this butcher’s description of his delectable comestibles, the term “laughing gear” in Australia is a synonym for “mouth”, so that his encouragement to “Wrap your laughing gear around this” kabana sausage means “Put this in your mouth”, which is an unduly wordy way of saying “Eat”. Let me know if anything else is unclear.)

https://www.facebook.com/Langesmeats/

Meanwhile, on the first day we’ve had zero COVID19 reports in my state, a few thousand arrogant ****wits infected by something that happened in the USA and has bugger all to do with us do their usual jump on the bandwagon attention seeking public protest (which won’t change anything here or in the USA) and put the rest of the community at risk of infection while we’ve all been in lockdown for the past few months, and in doing so the rest of us have probably and hopefully ensured that this mass gathering of ****wits won’t be the source of a major outbreak. Then again, it would be ironic justice if they all got the bug, but ideally without infecting anyone else.

This is how these ****wits protested today, nominally about 434 indigenous Australians who died in police or prison custody over the past thirty years, not least in some cases because of a failure at various levels to implement the recommendations of the 1991 report of the Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody . No fair minded and well informed Australian disputes that Aborigines have a legitimate grievance about these issues. Nor that there are serious problems in the USA with law enforcement against black people (and that, as in Australia, most black people are victims of domestic violence and murdered by other black people, but apparently they’re not black lives that matter and you won’t find a white or black politician that’s going to raise these issues as a race issue). That’s not the immediate point, which is that for about upwards of 90% of respondents to a newspaper poll and 100% of people I know this isn’t the time to have mass demonstrations that put the rest of the community at risk of COVID19 infections. Anyway, here are the well-intentioned ****wits who should have a net thrown over them to be removed from the community as health risks.

The following is how we honoured our service men and women on ANZAC day, similar to your Memorial Day but probably much more sacred here, by people standing with candles at dawn in front of their houses and in their streets because the traditional mass dawn services and marches couldn’t occur because, surprisingly, those of us who honour our service people lack the arrogance of the arseholes who think it’s more important to put the whole community at risk of infection to make a pointless point about something that everybody already knows about. And which their public demonstration won’t change.

For Australian service men and women, including a small number of indigenous Australians, who died in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan etc: Let’s just start with 60,000 in WW1, which is about the same number America lost in that war from a very much larger population. And this is how we remembered them this year, because the much larger number of the sort of people who respect their memories are clearly very different to the much smaller number of arrogant arseholes who occupied our cities today in defiance of warnings from our health officials that that these arseholes were putting the wider community at risk of a growth in infections.

Australian black lives matter protest is bullshit. My God, our world is madness. The left had caused this problem by virtually saying minorities are the victims at all cost and whites are evil at all cost.

Who said this? This isn’t a BLM protest thread, or a police brutality thread. So I’m going to warn you to watch yourself…

I brought it up because it has something to do with conra viruses. Rising sun has a point.these people are ****wits . Blm protest should be suspended until further notice.they put every one at risk.and the natter of fact this all started in america has nothing to do with native Australian.and guess what? All lives matter.and every one has the right to voice their opinion regardless if they’re black or white.

This isn’t a BLM thread. In any-case a recent US study found that there was almost no major spike noticed due to protests. It’s thought that it’s because they were masked for the most part whether they were peaceful sociably conscious/do gooders or the more rambunctious types afraid of tear gas…

KEY BACKGROUND:
The study’s conclusions are supported by Covid-19 testing data in many of the cities that were home to prevalent protesting. For instance, the Minneapolis Department of Health reported that more than 15,000 people were tested at centers set up in communities affected by the protests, and 1.7% of tests came back positive—below the statewide average of about 3.6%. According to the Washington Post, protest attendees in Minneapolis returned positivity rates of less than 1% and that “officials believe the low infection rates reflect that the protests were outside, that most people wore masks and that people spent most of their time in motion, circulating through the crowd.” NPR reported last week that parties—not protests—are believed to have caused coronavirus spikes in Washington. “We’re finding that the social events and gatherings, these parties where people aren’t wearing masks, are our primary source of infection,” said Erika Lautenbach, a local county Health Department director.

See link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/07/01/research-determines-protests-did-not-cause-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/#7fe1a2af7dac

That’s gone away fortunately. As for pork, if one’s a hunter, there are plenty of tasty feral hogs running around Texas. So many, the state will pay you to kill them.

[/QUOTE]You buy fresh meat at the grocers? Like what we call supermarkets? There’s your problem. Support your local butcher, like some of my local butchers. [/QUOTE]
Most of the time grocers. I do like to go to the butchers also. These are my favorites.
https://www.facebook.com/GranzinsMarket/
https://www.facebook.com/penshornsmeatmarket/
https://www.facebook.com/bontonmeatmarket/

[/QUOTE](In case you’re mystified by what appears to be standard but confusing English in this butcher’s description of his delectable comestibles, the term “laughing gear” in Australia is a synonym for “mouth”, so that his encouragement to “Wrap your laughing gear around this” kabana sausage means “Put this in your mouth”, which is an unduly wordy way of saying “Eat”. Let me know if anything else is unclear.)[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Cudos to those that honored the fallen on ANZAC and Memorial Day.

I guess all bets are off now, aren’t they?

?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Ahhh, the good ole’ days LOL

Sadly it ended up more or less getting my father, but he had a number of other preexisting conditions…