Do you shoot? Your guns ...

hello again!

maybe there was such a topic here, if so, please delete. since I am a bit in shooting and I know that a lot of US-users are around here, I asked myself if you own guns and if yes, which ones. I am also interested to know how you use them (hunting, self defence, sports, collecting etc.) and if you are satisfied with the specific types.

so please be so kind and post pics and brief descriptions of your shooting material.

as you might know, it is not easy to get a gun here in Germany, but I own a springfield armory .45 acp stainless pistol. I use it for sports-shooting and for home defence. a nicely made gun with a great precision-potential (if the shooter is able to shoot:D). it comes well equipped with jet funnel, fine checkering, adj. sights, trigger stop, commander hammer, ambidextrous safety and many other features.

next week I will receive a british made sabre defence XR 15 M5 - a semi-auto copy of the AR-15/M-16-assault-rifle in .223 Rem with a 16,75` barrel.

jens

SA 1.jpg

SA 2.jpg

SA 1 new.jpg

SA new w. ammo.jpg

Did you think that the german gun laws are complicated ?..ha …try to make the paperwork for a 9mm in Argentina and you ll see. :rolleyes:

the mines

.22 magnum a bolt rifle.

Bersa Thunder 9mm

Bersa Thunder .22lr

IGA 12/76 over and under

Rubi 16/70 single shot shotgun.

I have no decent pictured of guns right now.

BY the way that is a beautiful .45

I have a few that I shoot
S&W model 15 38 cal police/military

Savage Stevens Model 124 bolt action shot gun (I have not shot it yet )

Auto Ordnance 1911A1

Auto Ordnance M1928A1 you see all the ATF here LOL Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

M1 Carbine Rockola

M28 Civil Guards Rifle

M1 Garand

I shoot an MP-5

Did you think that the german gun laws are complicated ?..ha …try to make the paperwork for a 9mm in Argentina and you ll see.

thanks, panzerknacker. and yes, it our gun laws complicated and restrictive compared to most other countries. first, you have to be a hunter (complicated here and very expensive) or a sport-shooter. you have to shoot at least one year in a club, than you can ask for a gun. the sports-shooting-federation has to allow this specific gun which you want to buy. but to get one at least, you may not have commited any crimes at all (even the little ones, the police checks this out properly), than you have to make a test (after an instruction course of at least one or two days, practical and theoretical) with an exam at the end. pistols and revolvers are limited to two, semi-auto rifles up to three. you are not allowed to carry them. in the end, it is a long, complicated and expensive way to own a gun, so many quit before they start to think about it. I presume in most US states (and other countries, f.e. belgium or whole scandinavia) it is much easier to get a gun.

some really nice weapons here, btw.

jens

Yea … the computer, beer, Tobacco and excellent automatic rifle - that is all you really need. …For the discussion;)

Cheers.,

Well may be except the states like Russia where home firearms is forbidden…( except the hunting rifles). If you are have not the special Guard certufication - you could use the firearms pistols legally.

well, I have to mention that I am not very surprised to see some really nice classic WW2 weapons here.

another problem with the gun laws here is that they change every 5-10 years - drastically. the last change was in 2003, another is yet to come. often, idiots like him are the reason.

jens

thanks, panzerknacker. and yes, it our gun laws complicated and restrictive compared to most other countries. first, you have to be a hunter (complicated here and very expensive) or a sport-shooter. you have to shoot at least one year in a club, than you can ask for a gun. the sports-shooting-federation has to allow this specific gun which you want to buy. but to get one at least, you may not have commited any crimes at all (even the little ones, the police checks this out properly), than you have to make a test (after an instruction course of at least one or two days, practical and theoretical) with an exam at the end. pistols and revolvers are limited to two, semi-auto rifles up to three. you are not allowed to carry them. in the end, it is a long, complicated and expensive way to own a gun, so many quit before they start to think about it. I presume in most US states (and other countries, f.e. belgium or whole scandinavia) it is much easier to get a gun.
Wel I must say that actually is more complicated than Argentina, in here you just need to be a registered worker, no need to be afiliated to any sporting association.
Well may be except the states like Russia where home firearms is forbidden…
My sincere condolences.Nice Garand there Gutkowski.

I have fired all of the weapons that I own or have owned with the exception of the SKS Model 59/66 (haven’t got around to that yet). Others that I have owned but sold off are not pictured with the exception of the AR-15.

I have two Lee-Enfield rifles:
SMLE No 1 Mk III* made at a BSA (Birmingham Small Arms, Co.) controlled company near Birmingham in Shirley, England in 1940.
and No 4 Mk I* made at the Long Branch Arsenal near Toronto, Canada in 1942
Both have issue slings and bayonets.

Same as above with slightly different lighting:

Top is my Yugoslavian made SKS Model 59/66 rifle with Russian steel cased 7.62 x 39 mm ammo. Bottom is my brother’s M-1 Garand rifle with eight round clip of .30-06 ammo

Top is my Ruger Mini-14 (customized with folding buttstock, bipod, etc.) with extra 30-round clips. Bottom is my Ithaca Model 37 slide action 12 gauge riot gun. At right is my Smith & Wesson Model 1955 revolver (.45 ACP) with Model 1917 walnut grips and two half-moon clips of .45 ACP rounds.

Close up of half-moon clips loaded with .45 ACP rounds, 5.56 x 45mm cartridge, Russian 7.62 x 39mm cartridge, British .303 cartridge, and British Martini-Henry .577-.450 caliber cartridge (of Zulu War fame).

The Martini-Henry round is a relic from my father’s old gun collection of the 1960’ - 70’s. He sold his Martini-Henry about 1978. Below is a picture of him posing in front of his collection about 1967. Top to bottom: M-1 Carbine, Model 1891 Argentine Mauser, Springfield 1903A3 (Smith & Corona mfr.-1943) and at the bottom is the Martini-Henry. Dad had sporterized both the Mauser and Springfield.

Colt AR-15 which I sold about 1986.

Oh George - you are seller the wearpon?:wink:
Then farther - then more amazing news about members in here;)

Beautiful collection George :smiley:

All of the above. I have a carry gun, some military handguns in my collection, commercial handguns for target shooting, rifles and shotguns for hunting.

Fine collections here, gentlemen.

U.S. Pistol, Model of 1911, cal. 45. Made by Colt, shipped November, 1917. Mills cartridge belt and pouch, Warren holster, all dated 1918.

Smith & Wesson M625, cal. .45ACP, discovered under the Christmas tree last December.:smiley:

JT

US1911rigcrop2sized.jpg

I also have this Puppy right here

damn, can anyone help me get a picture up there

Upload it here:
http://www.imageshack.us/

Get the ‘Tumbnails for Forums’ line and copy it into your reply :wink:

Below the message box there is an “attach files” ( “manage attachments”) function that allows you to upload directly from your computer.

JT

I am also interested to know how you use them (hunting, self defence, sports, collecting etc.) and if you are satisfied with the specific types.

I forgot to aswer this, actually I have most for hunting, fox, hares, partrigde, ducks.

Satisfied ? well, the CZ is a very nice gun and very accurate one, the brazilian shotgun is not excellent but works decently.

In regards of my argentine pistols…I am not satisfied, I am inlove man.

Well Chevan, I am not really a gun dealer although I do have a “Collector of Curios and Relics” license. It allows me to buy certain types of firearms at similar cost to what a dealer would pay (wholesale). It also involves records and paperwork to be kept according to BATF regulations. For the types that I collect now, it works out fine. The AR-15 was sold back to a dealer at the time. :slight_smile:

Thanks Panzerknacker :smiley:

Thanks JT :slight_smile:

You have a pretty fine collection yourself.

And to the rest of the members who posted pics of their firearms - thanks guys. Great collections. :slight_smile: