Euro2012

Yup, a quite impressive performance by Russia - the oldest team of the tournament.

Combined age?

It really was. They were dominant in possession and attack speed. Hard to believe they’re the oldest…

Nothing special.The score might bee 6:1 if not that cockeyed cripple Kerzhakov. The next game with Poland - i expect a very fascinating time:).

The Slovakia is capable for a… miracle, i belive. After their team has reached the final of IIHF WC 2012

Quite exciting games last night.
Poland - Greece
We had some chances, should haver scored at least one more in the first half when Greek defence was in shatters.
Papastathopoulos shouldn’t be sent off and well deserved red card for Szczesny. Second half terrible, Poles lost the idea.
I still can’t understand how it is possible that a team which has more players on the pitch, allows so weak opponent to score a goal in their first attempt.
And the penalty, thank God, that guy is a national hero since yesterday.

Russia - Czech Republic
I saw a steamroller in action last night. Czech central defenders Sivok and Hubnik should buy the Russians the finest scotch whisky available in Wroclaw.
It could be much, much worse for Czechs.
I think Chevan and Egorka should expect final four of the tournament.
My brother in law got himself a ticket for a Poland - Russia game. Well, I don’t envy him anymore.

Incident involving Russian fans after the Russia - Czech Republic game in Wroclaw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7D0fNtIdW0&feature=player_embedded

Who was that beaten man in red jacket?Russian fun?

That guy on the ground is a steward. Russian fans are all over place.

But i well hear the female cry in russian - “poles are sco…rels” when crowd beated him. Are you sure those were a russian fans around?I saw also the peoples in orange ( ukrainain fans)

F*cking scum…wherever they come from.

Well, I see a crowd of people, many of them wearing russian flags and scarfs, whole incident was recorded yesterday at Wroclaw municipal stadium after the Russia - Czech Republic game. There’s offical police investigation, so probably they’ll be soon caught. The stewards testified they were attacked by russian fans.
According to local police spokesman, Russian fans caused disturbance before the game, when they started a fight in one of the restaurants in the city centre.
The pictures are below.
Correct me if I’m wrong but one of these guy’s wearing t-shirt with russian sign on it?

It was reported that 4 russian fans were arrested in Warsaw thursday night after attacking Turkish kebab shop owners.

Below links to polish websites regarding the disturbance.
http://www.rp.pl/artykul/12,889443-Bojka-z-udzialem-Rosjan-na-wroclawskim-stadionie.html
http://www.gazetawroclawska.pl/artykul/593261,wroclaw-bojka-kibicow-rosji-w-rynku-straty-na-2-tysiace,id,t.html?cookie=1
http://www.fakt.pl/Rosjanie-pobili-Turkow-Bojka-Rosjan-z-Turkami-w-kebabie,artykuly,161983,1.html
http://kontakt24.tvn.pl/temat,pijani-rosjanie-rozrabiali-we-wroclawiu,47966,html?categoryId=496

In order to be fair and impartial, here’s a picture of polish fans, in fact Wisla Krakow supporters, who are against the Euro2012. These f**kers disturbed the training session of Dutch team which was open to the public. Racist chanting was reported.

But let’s focus on some more interesting pics. Hope to see more of these coming :slight_smile:

Yes , the letters a russian ,top line i can distingush- “Дикий нрав”( Wild Custom). Only idiot migh wear the t-shirt with such a slogan…
Hope local police could to resolve the problem.

In order to be fair and impartial, here’s a picture of polish fans, in fact Wisla Krakow supporters, who are against the Euro2012. These f**kers disturbed the training session of Dutch team which was open to the public. Racist chanting was reported.

What are their argument against a championship?

I’m not really deep into this. As far as I know there is group of football fans, who are tightly bonded with their clubs (Ultras, etc.) but they don’t feel to be a part of whole “Euro idea” for number of reasons:

1. there is few naturalised players in polish national team: 2 Germans, 2 French.
    Basically, they are accused of using polish national team as a platform in their careers. Only 1 of them speaks polish. None of them grew up nor lived in Poland for a longer period of time. They got nothing in common with other polish players. Eugen Polanski is a good example: as a youngster he played for one of german teenage national teams (U-15? or U-17?).
    One day a journalist during interview, told him that polish national team was looking for a good defensive midfielder. He answered that the only country he would played for is Germany and if Germany played Poland at Euro, he would support Germany. When he realised, that he’s too weak for german national team, he suddenly changed his mind and declared his love to Poland. More or less, that’s the case. Some media call our national team a PZPN team (PZPN - polish football association)
  2. Euro2012 is not their party. Despite all the promises given by the goverment that all polish people would be allowed to participate in Euro at some point, soon it turned out that this tournament is only for the chosen ones. these are obviously, UEFA family, sponsors, their families, friends and PZPN - the most corrupted institution in Poland.
    They got most of the cake, the rest which was given to the public, was so expensive, that majority of people couldn’t afford it. So, there is a general feeling that some part of society has been excluded from the Euro.
  3. in order to prepare Poland to Euro, the government started a very strict action against violence and racism at the football stadiums. That absolutely right, no doubt.
    But they chosen the easy way and put all the organised fans into the one bag: violent idiots, racist f**ckers, but also those who peacifully chant, those who prepare all that artistic stuff, etc. Police began arresting a lot of people, who were later released without charges. Of course some of them were locked up as they comitted crimes. But quite a number was harrased only because they were members of organised groups of supporters. That crusade, no matter how justified it was, soon turned out to be absolutely absurd action. Example: at Korona Kielce football club, fans may be taken into custody for: cursing, spitting, displaying patriotic banners, or even changing seats.
  4. turning football into a business, a money-making machine, killing the spirit of the game

So, as these groups of fans are against Euro, they don’t attend the games. That is the main reason why polish players complained that support at the games of national football team is low, there’s no organised chanting, etc.
The racist chanting which took place at the Dutch team training session, was probably a provocation aimed at polish government, UEFA and whole Euro.
They wanted to disrupt the tournament, make some black PR and bring the criticism on polish government. It turned to be quite simple and easy to do, as the anbody could attend the event for free.

Wow! THAT was close!
At least the gate poles are on the German side. Unfair! :slight_smile:

One shock and one unsurprising.

The Dutch deserved the penalty but that’s football.

Situation in group C got a bit complicated. I wonder if the Danish would be so lucky against the Germans too.

Personally, I’m glad Ronaldo played as usual when it comes to international tournaments :slight_smile:
And when that criminal Pepe hit the bar, it was the best moment for me.

Some more news off-the-pitch.
“Proceedings opened against RFS.
UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against the Football Union of Russia for the improper conduct of its supporters at Friday’s UEFA EURO 2012 match against the Czech Republic.
After having looked at the security reports and available images, UEFA has today announced that disciplinary proceedings have been opened against the Football Union of Russia (RFS) for the improper conduct of its supporters (crowd disturbances), the setting off and throwing of fireworks and the display of illicit banners at Friday’s UEFA EURO 2012 Group A match in Wroclaw between Russia and the Czech Republic. The Control and Disciplinary Body will review the case on Wednesday 13 June.
In addition, regarding reports of alleged abuse directed at Czech Republic players from Russia fans, UEFA is investigating this further and is working with FARE to collect more evidence.”

source: http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1812587.html

Some more pics

Last night a group of croatian fans attacked polish and irish fans in center of Poznan.
14 people have been arrested.
http://www.tvn24.pl/euro-2012,61,m/goraca-noc-na-poznanskim-rynku-chuligani-w-akcji,257065.html

There was also one more incident in Lvov, Ukraine two days ago. Ukrainian fans had fight with similar group from Russia (radionews).

That’s not correct, it was Polish fans in ski masks that started it, seems some confusion on why but two possible reasons are they were there to attack the Croatian and Irish fans or because a rival domestic team had fans in the square.
10 Poles and 3 Irish were arrested.