Euro2012

As I said, Irish fans won the hearts and minds in the last couple of days :slight_smile:

Well, to be fair the lad in the green does look to be in need of nourishment, :wink:

I hope you’re not doing this betting thing for a living.

I don’t bet on football for obvious reasons :wink:

A most demuring statement while all of Europe is dreamily humming this tune, lol.

Btw, ‘thumbs up’ for Sweden-England, to me the most intense and exciting match of the tournament so far.

I don’t really know what to say…
How can a team score only 2 goals and get 2 points? In such even group. Where was the passion in the second half? Why they just simply given up?
Why in 3 games they played only for 45 minutes each?
That’s unbelievable…
I’m left speechless for the fourth time - 2002, 2006, 2008 and 2012…

Can’t help but feel sorry for Russia, a win, a draw and a loss but they still had the better goal difference over Greece but because Greece had that one goal in their Russia match it negated Russia previous goal differences. An interesting setup, also a new one(?), that isn’t entirely fair in my eyes.

That has been quite a surprise…I expected Russia and Poland to make it, now they’re both out.

Greece - Russia stats:
Shots on target: 2-5
Shots off target: 3-19
Possession: 38-62 %

It speaks for itself. Anti-football again.

Another job well done UEFA.

Do you hint on conspiracy?:slight_smile:
Ha-ha-ha. I don’t know what is it - but i sincerely glad for both chechs and greeks.Bit sorry for Poles though.They got last place in group;)
Russian and Poland are losers.The more ambitions- the less resault!

Very true and obviously resonable!!!

No, not at all.
Personally, I believe the true football is about offensive play, the way the team is constructing the attack, the skills they use to defeat the opponent and score more goals. The result is not the only thing that matters. The way to get the result matters too. If a team is set only for defence, I think there should be no place for them in modern football. The Greeks are playing exactly the same kind of terrible destructive football as in 2004. In my opinion Russians didn’t loose because they were weaker. They lost because they happened to be another victim of anti-football, totally destructive and defensive play. As a fan, I find no joy in watching this. I hope the Greeks clash with the Germans in quarter-final and will be levelled to the ground.

Netherlands without a point, that’s really surprising.

They are the living proof that a bunch of primadonnas don’t make a team, no matter how good they are individually. Ireland, with her huge limitations showed an immense heart, England the same, others were just talk.

Apart from Russia, who should have gone to the quarter-finals instead of Greece, in my opinion the other 3 teams that qualified, deserved it 100%.

Cheers

The fans should be louder tonight, I hope :slight_smile:

Another little fact for the class, Euro 2004, Greece advanced from Group A with a win, a draw and a loss just like Euro 2012, only differences were they lost to Russia 2-1 instead of winning 1-0 and went through on over all goal difference against Spain.

The defence is very importaint. Each command plays football they think is the best. It’s not an anti-footbal, but rather the manner of game for responsible team. Nobody prevented to russians to be a bit more careful in defence , while they walked on field and imagined thay are super-attackers. This might be the lack of Advocat’s management also who falsely determined the team on maximum attack style when defends suffers. I glad for greeks and wish them to surprise us in next game.
P.S. the only thing is positive i see now- is that finally this foodbal hysteria of russian fans has ended:(

I do bet in a small way - but only on the horses. Just as well. My book would have been well behind if I had been wagering on who would qualify from the Group stage. Hard to believe that Russia, Poland and the Netherlands are all out - I rated Russia in particular with a chance of winning the tournament. At this stage, it looks like Spain or Germany; there, I have probably put the jinx on them now. What about Engerland as an outside chance now ? Their camp has been in chaos for the last few months, and expectations of their team seem to have been (untypically) low at home. They could easily have lost to Sweden the other night (seems to me a lot of English people expected them to … but then they seemed to throw away their script and came through. Of course, they still have some work to do against Ukraine - but I would not put it past them.

Oh well - “Three Lions on my Shirt” (even if they are really Leopards), JR.

It would be amazing to see Italy going home because of the Irish, not some conspiracy theory, a Croatian-Spanish pact.

Spain and Italy deserve to go through, I thought the linesman on the Italian second half side had some suspect calls but it doesn’t matter.