Euro2012

sheisskopf !

Actually that seems to be common before and during the tournament, less so during but a few countries FAs have been fined (Spain, Croatia and Russia)

Ireland may have come home empty handed but the fans are to be awarded a special award for their internationally recognized behaviour and good spirits.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/euro-2012/2012/0630/327235-ireland-fans-to-receive-uefa-award/

This seems the latest craze.

So … in the end, Spain “turned up” on the night, and we ended up with the result most widely touted as a prediction before the tournament started. Several surprises along the way - but no real surprise at the ending. Italy were probably a bit hard done by in terms of the final score; can’t really complain about the result, though. If it was not the greatest game in history, Spain’s was one of the great performances.

Love the 'photos of the Grim Striker, Bailout-elli. Don’t think I would like to play him, even at table football … Best regards, JR.

I can’t remember a team being annihilated like this in a finale…an impressive performance by Spain.

As Euro 2012 recedes into history, one thing I will miss about this thread, I must admit, is the 'photos of lovely lady fans. One point confused me - the young lady with the Spanish and Portuguese flags painted on her … panzerfausts - which country was she supporting ? Or did anybody notice ? Best regards, JR.

There are pictures of ladies with each countries flags on their faces, the Spanish Portuguese flags just seemed to have migrated south on this one.

Spain were the better side and probably would have won no matter what but the scoreline didn’t reflect the game, Italy’s injuries and eventual ten man team playing a part in the final 4-0.

No worries JR, there’s more to come once I get back online, I mean to work :slight_smile:

Lets go out on a high

Italy not winning was the high… :stuck_out_tongue:

Italy was the team the shew the better game after Spain. The only regret is Italy was completely out of fuel for the final, physically the team did not stand on his feet. And this was a pity because with an Italian team in a better athletic condition for the final, we’d had seen a lot more hard-fought final.