Favorite American Gun

Your Thompson’s Mag looks like it holds 20 rounds if I’m correct.

Hi
Yes 20 Rd
Cheers

I prefer 30 rounds.

Hi PLT Sgt
When we could take that type of Firearm to the range only 5 rd mag all pined no pre ban.
Now we cannot take them out to the range. Our Handguns are pined at 10 Rd The only sa rifle with more than 5 is my M1 Rifle they allow 8 rd.
Cheers

No contest the M1 for sure!

I vote for the M1 Garand it can fire semi-auto verses the K98’s bolt action. It also holds more ammo, though be it slight smaller then the 7.92x57mm Mauser (or know in the USA as the 8 mm Mauser or 8x57mm Mauser, I think) round, the .30-06 Springfield (or 7.62x63mm NATO) had the same, if not more stopping power.

.30M2, otherwise known as 7.62 x 63 is NOT NATO.

The difference in power between 8 x 57 and .30M2 is absolutely irrelevant, since they are both vast overkill. In any case, .30M2 is a far more manageable cartridge for the user than 7.92sS…

Hello, Man of Stoat, what I meant by “NATO” was its specifications in millimeters. Sorry for the confusion, next time I well make myself clearer. :slight_smile:

my favorite american weapon would be the M1 Garand

Nice Colt 1911

Springfield with scope

is would pick the m1 because its also a good short range weapon due to its semi.
the kar98 is more accurate an slightly more powerfull.
the m1 has the disadvantage of the loud pinging sound of the clip.

both great rifles and both where weapons of victory over the enemy.

your avatar looks a bit inapropriate…

The Garand is undoubtedly the more effective rifle, except at advanced range, but I’d rather have the Kar98 as it’s far more fun to fire.

Even if the 98K is THE classic carbine the M1 was better because of it’s higher firing rate. BTW. I love the “pling” of the M1 when the clip is empty!

Do you seriously think that anybody will notice the sound of a clip pinging out in the middle of a firefight? You have to shout very loudly indeed to be heard at close range, let alone where the enemy are!

It is VERY inappropriate - change it immediately for something WW2 related.

Inappropriate, yes. But at least it matches his location…

yeah i know wassent gona keep it changed it to uzi:p

Hysteria and flamethrower guy:

The kar 98, despite the name, is not a carbine – it is a short rifle. The only Mauser carbine used by German forces was the Gew.38/40 (I’m not sure I’ve got the designation right, by the way). It is also not very accurate, and the sights are crap. Under no circumstances can it outperform the Garand.

[QUOTE=pdf27;129247]Do you seriously think that anybody will notice the sound of a clip pinging out in the middle of a firefight? You have to shout very loudly indeed to be heard at close range, let alone where the enemy are!

look imagine that your sqaud is killed and your the last left. you shout your last bullet the clip flies out. that is so loud that the germans willl hear it they will run into you and kill you.

germans and japs knew the sound and payed attention to it.
amerikan troops did have a tric to fool them. one soldier puts his helmet to the floor and trow a rock at it. it makes almost the same sound like the clip.
iv testet it with my own m1 helmet

Uh huh. You’ve never been in the close vicinity of a lot of gunfire, have you? Seriously, you would have trouble hearing it yourself in that circumstance, let along some enemy 50m away who’re breathing out of their arse due to being under fire and having to move very rapidly with weight.
Furthermore, exactly how are these notional Germans going to know that you are both now alone and have just fired off your last clip? Telepathy?

Furthermore, pray tell me exactly why troops are trained to yell “MAGAZINE” at the top of their voice when changing mags, as well as “BACK IN” when they’ve done so if this is such a problem.

Urban myth. Find me one genuine WW2 German or Japanese soldier who did this.