Greek Fire

yeah yeah,a website called “neo byzantine” is really a dependable source of information.also,i hope your racist attitude will not go unnoticed by the moderators.

Hey Tex
Do you deny the Greek and Armenian genocide?

Just to balance this up a bit, if you search back through the threads, you will find certain Greeks here saying that Turks and Musllims were hunted down after Greek independance.

I think we should all look ahead sometimes and not back. Otherwise we will always repeat the mistakes of the past.

Those were Greeks that changed their faith in order to get better living contitions.

you know that question will only result in a flame war,don’t you?guess it was a mistake for me to reply Minimalistix’s post.this forum suffered enough and i will not cause more mindless forum dog-fighting by not allowing myself to sink deeper into this meaningless feud.

Guys, I would please ask you to agree to disagree on this. All counties have done things at times in the past that today we are not proud of.

I state again, agree to disagree and move on.

I respect that but if you’re not willing to discuss it why start an argument?

Just a moment there.
There are some historical facts that cannot be altered.
Today,most of the Democratic countries had recognise the Armenian genocide and they are on the way to do the same with the Greek genocide.
This is a fact.

Just a moment there.
Today,most of the Democratic countries had recognise the Armenian genocide and they are on the way to do the same with the Greek genocide.
This is a fact.[/quote]

Then you agree with me then?

All countries have done things they were not proud of.

Of course i am.
As far as these countries recognise it.

My country has done some despicable things too, and by that I mean Scotland, witness what the Scottish Clan Chiefs brought about their own people:

http://members.aol.com/Skyewrites/menu9.html

I respect that but if you’re not willing to discuss it why start an argument?

guess it was a mistake for me to reply Minimalistix’s post

Just a moment there.
This is a fact.[/quote]

Then you agree with me then?

All countries have done things they were not proud of.[/quote]

firefly, i DONT disagree with you

the only thing you dont understand is that the Turks were responsible for the deaths of 5 million Orthodoxies which included Armenians, Greeks and Assyrians, there been so much proof of the Genocide laid against Orthodoxies by the Turks, yet they deny it, best example is this pathetic user here, denying it

I know Greeks are responsible for Jewish, Muslim/Turkish deaths, i know Turks have been slaughtered during the population exchange of Greece and Turkey, the Turks also did the same

but the difference is we say, YES,WE DID KILL THEM AND WE WERE WRONG IN DOING SO, while these Turks go, No, there was no such genocide that killed over 5 million Orthodox Christians, no such event happened

Now how would that make you feel if you were Greek and knew over 2 Million of your fellow country-men died and the murderers say we did not do it, even after so many historical sources and proofs

and like i said, best example that the Turks deny it, is this fool of a member of this forum

it truly sickens me

please do not insult me anymore.

consider it done (unless you say something degrading to Cyprus, Greece or Australia, or denying history)

Your racist post deserves an informal warning.

Also I request you to stop insulting.

On the other hand, I want to correct you on one of your affirmations:
Eastern Roman Empire (The Byzantine Empire) last from 312 AD to 1453 AD. Up to Great Schism (in 1054) was no Catholic nor Orthodox Church.
From 1054 to 1453 was Orthodox Church in The Byzantine Empire.
So, for 742 years The Byzantine Empire has the same ritual like the West. Only for the remaining 399 years The Byzantine Empire has The Orthodox Church.

http://campus.northpark.edu/history/WebChron/EastEurope/Byzantium.html

well my good friend, tell me when the Catholic Church was founded, then tell me what religion the Byzantines followed :roll: Orthodoxy was the first Christian Church founded, and when the Western Romans created the Catholic Church the Orthodox KEPT the SAME PRACTICES and TRADITIONS except the only difference was that it was called Orthodoxy as it had to make a name because the Catholics created their own Church

research first my friend before you post :wink:

Typically orthodox answer!! :smiley:
Anyway, I believe in reconciliation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East-West_Schism#Great_Schism

…This conflict led to the exchange of excommunications by the representative of Pope Leo IX and the Patriarch of Constantinople, Michael Cerularius, in 1054 (finally rescinded in 1965) and the separation of the Roman Catholic and the Orthodox churches, each of which now claims to be "the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. Though communion was not finally and completely broken until after the Ottoman invasion of Constantinople in 1453, the fundamental breach has never been healed.

And second link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic-Orthodox_joint_declaration_of_1965

The Catholic-Orthodox Joint Declaration of 1965 was read out on 7 December 1965 simultaneously at a public meeting of the Second Vatican Council in Rome and at a special ceremony in Istanbul. It addressed an exchange of excommunications between prominent ecclesiastics in the Roman see and the Patriarchate of Constantinople, commonly known as the Great Schism of 1054. It did not end the schism but showed a desire for greater reconciliation between the two churches, represented by Pope Paul VI and Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras I.

Good stuff Dani. I suppose the dominant church today would be the catholic one? Must be many more catholics than orthodox.

What about Romania?

According to http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ro.html,
in Romania there are (as religion declared):
Eastern Orthodox (including all sub-denominations) 86.8%,
Protestant (various denominations including Reformate and Pentecostal) 7.5%,
Roman Catholic 4.7%,
Other (mostly Muslim) and unspecified 0.9%,
None 0.1% (2002 census)

Also, the Pope John Paul II visited Romania in 1999, as a first visit in an Orthodox country.
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/travels/sub_index/trav_romania-1999.htm