Hearts of Iron 2

If your looking to buy it, try eBay :? , if your looking for the demo, they normally would have it on the games website. Hope it helps.

hey, did anybody try and play South Africa yet?! Going to get the game soon.

Not yet :oops:

Started playing as the Soviet Union, and it’s very very hard. Their army is so outdated, you use most of your production trying to get your army in some kind of fit shape to fight, the research companies are crap, their navy is made up of world war one ships, the air force is useless to. Although the army is very big, it’s not that good and it’s hard building up a force big enough to face the Germans without either not modernising the rest of the army or not building up your air force.

Mate, try to play Germany instead!!! You’ll have a big surprise! You’ll see that playing with SU is a piece of cake!

Been as Germany to mate, conquered all of western Europe (including the UK) and had taken pretty much all of the Soviet Union when I started the Soviet game - I much prefer the Germans to the Soviets.

So that means NOONE has played south africa? haha :smiley: Oh, btw, im actually getting Hearts of Iron 1 not 2. Whats the biggest differences?

If anyone wants to know how to cheat you ass off at this game I can make a post. The one you usually find on the net kinda suck. HOI2 is a really easy game to pretty much do whatever you want. If you wanted to and had the time to mess with it you could have every country start off with all the techs. Gulp…nukes flying everywhere.

my latest game:

1942,i conquered all south america in one year attacking with the highest doctrine level in contrations of troops at each country at once and mantaining my relations with usa to have every time that i broke it,the non agression pact again,and then i conquered portugal,and i jumped from there to spain,i have also their african colonies,i jumped up and conquered britain and northern ireland,im going to do a coup de etat at ireland and i have to finish conquering the british colonies to annex their nation.
im in the axis btw,they have france.
the axis is going to win,the americans are now fighting me and im holding them in colon (im going to take mexico to cut supplies in all center america and then take it!).

note that im playing with argentina.

i have to say that this is one of my best game in hoi2 since i have it,it is an easy game now,i remember when i bought it,it was difficult as hell,im going to put later a few pics,because i cannot find the save games (hard disk formated and i moved info to cds).

i will try south africa,the only country of africa that i tried was madagascar,because i like the geographical zone,and i had firstly to liberate it from france.

arrrrggghhh!,im not good for navy battles,pearl harbor is impossible,give me yugoslavia and i can won a war to germany but i cannot even win a sea war with the royal navy and their entire fleet against uruguay,and i usually play with argentina so guess…
any tip?,thanks.