Holding Them Off!

Unless your name is truly AlbertSpeer, I have not said anything remotely slanderous, and even then your own words are judgement enough.

As far as Hitler and his acquaintences, especially the circles Goering moved in, brush up on your history.

Regards digger.

1. Why should I be penalized for choosing the name of a German patriot? I have not used this account as a vehicle to promote anything anti-Semitic.

2. I didn’t say it didn’t happen. I was asking for verification, out of curiousity.

Speer, a German patriot!:slight_smile:

Speer was one of the most manipulative, conniving, self serving, scheming hypocrites in Hitler’s inner circle and it was a good thing he struggled with the truth for the last thirty odd years of his life, because thousands lost their lives directly due to his policies and orders.

Regards digger

Ok, there was more to Germany than the Holocaust. Your anger at Speer is both unfair and undeserved.

If you are talking Nazi Germany, then you are talking the Holocaust, plus the murder of others, of which Speer not only knew about, but participated in.

As for the approximate 50-60% of Germans who knew nothing of what was going on, I have great sympathy.

Regards digger

Whether Speer knew the intricate details or not is irrelevant. Why you want to argue mundane specifics is completely beyond me. We are talking about Speer’s patriotism and his character as a whole.

One shouldn’t presume us all to be young and without experience.

How many years young are you?

Does this have anything to do with Britain “Holding them off!”?

Yes this thread has gone off topic and should have been split.

Regards digger.

As threads often do.

Didn’t the British wage wars of aggression in Africa and Asia and weren’t other European nations busy attacking and exploiting nations prior to WWI?

There is nothing wrong with denouncing aggression but Germany attacking other countries does not seem unique given the prior history of such acts.

The Japanese did launch invasions of China prior to the German invasion of Poland so saying the nazis started it seems inaccurate unless you consider the Japanese to be nazis.

Prior to WW1? …How ‘prior’ to WW1?

The world was a very different place post-WW1.

Do two wrongs make a right? Do historical events justify present actions?
Are we speaking of double standards, or the evolution of civilized behaviour(the Evolution of international Norms and Mores)? Jaw-Jjaw rather than War-War?

The Franco-Prussian War was more directly involved in, and was the foundation for, the events which led to WWII than anything the Europoean powers did outside Europe.