Honours

I think i know what it means - he can make people laugh very rarley.

Ain’t it funny how the wealthy Republican (and to a marginally lesser, or possibly marginally greater, extent Democratic) Yanks fawn over British knights, and can’t get the titles correct?

It’s fun to see some bejewelled anorexic old Washington hag attaching Sir to the surname, and genuflecting instead of curtseying because she thinks she’s in the presence of royalty because the title holder got his gong for some noble effort like cornering the export market in toilet brushes when the pound was struggling. :smiley:

Mate, it’s a pisser. :smiley:

Meaning I’d piss myself lauhging if I saw your funny? :smiley:

Possibly, but I’m only basing that on my wife’s reaction. :wink:

Lucky that funny u wast an a, i would been balling my eyes out now.hehehe

We’d all like to be balling our eyes out, but I think this graphically demonstrates the problem with phonetic and other forms of expression which are depriving English of sense and meaning.

Bloody hell!..I hope this isn’t contageous. :frowning:

Balling i meant by cracking up laughing, sorry but im not educated like you are.
Please tell me ,are you a defence lawyer?

Only in da balls, eye! . :wink:

RS, this has to be a result of Sheep shearing. :frowning:

Didt youse two get my joke,or arnt you up with my generation.:smiley:

I hadn’t thought of ali j as a sheep, but it does present a rather attractive image of comforting and embracing wool with nurturing baa-baas.

I think it’s a bit early in the relationship to start shearing her wool.

It’s not like we’re in Brazil. :wink: :smiley:

I actually like this relationship better than the other one we had.
In summer shearing would be ok hehehehe.
Geez thats the first time you been nice to me:cool:

Sounds like a call for the Flying-doctor is overdue, RS. :smiley:

Nah, just a bit of crutching to get rid of the dags to stop the flystrike.

If that doesn’t work, we’ll have to mules her. :smiley:

(In case this is a bit esoteric for those not up with sheep husbandry, http://fw.farmonline.com.au/news/state/livestock/news/mulesings-end-could-be-costly/26460.aspx )

Are you saying she’s a sheep tic? :frowning:

That’s the theory.

However, the reality can be somewhat different.

Quite often, experienced platoon sergeants have led their platoon on a successful operation, while the younger, inexperienced, platoon commander has contributed absolutely nothing to the mission, on any level ( a mere passenger), yet the platoon commander has received an MC on the back of the Sergeant, simply for being the officer present, because that was the way things worked.

Even the most junior of NCO’s are expected to display: leadership, initiative, tactical awareness and flexibility, and courage in the face of the enemy. Yet, for all of that they would have received a MM as opposed to a MC when honours were awarded. This is one of the main reasons for the changes that have been made to the system of gallantry awards.

I actually looked up what you said and was amazed what it meant!
Translation:
Crutching: Done by the shearer, main reason is to remove the manure dags. Helps to prevent flystrike (blowfly maggots).
Dags: Clumps of dried sheep manure in matted wool hanging on to the rear end of a sheep. Tailing and crutching helps with flystrike prevention. Green dags are those that are still soft or moist. Sometimes farmers take a pair of hand shears and does some dagging in the paddock. A wool buyer comes around to the farm and buys the dags. There are sent to a factory to be crushed. Dags rattle when a sheep runs.

One substantive difference - in the British Army in WW1, Officers always led from the front. Accordingly, they suffered truly horrendous casualties - worse than any other group.