Italian Army

Italians gained coastal parts of Croatia when invaded Yugoslavia, and had many problems with partisans, and lot of italian soldiers joined partisans - they were not cowards, but fighting for a cause they did not beleive in.
Later on Germans had to take over all those parts occupied by italians. there are thousand of bunkers made by italians to defend major ports from mainland attacs. great places to play when you’r a kid.

Italians have big problems in Gorski kotar .

Please post more infos next time.
First of all the location:

Secondly please post what kind of big problems Italians had there?
(You could add links).

Well said Dani, I can only imagine it was Partisan problems though.

During the Spanish Civil war the Italian Garibaldi battalion of the republican international brigades under Luigi Longo faced Mussolini’s “volunteers” on the Guadalajara front (a mountain range to the north-east of Madrid in March 1937. Franco’s troops tried to cut off Madrid with a pincer movement from the north-east and at the same time coming from the south. Unitl the end of the war, they never succeeded in capturing Madrid).

First they managed to stop the fascists, even though just before they had suffered bad losses in the fight for the western suburbs of Madrid and were worn out.
Then the Republican Italians tried the first loudspeaker propaganda attack. Through loudspeakers they called the “volunteers” in the other trenches to drop Mussolini and to join them instead.
Many of Mussolini’s Italians changed the sides. The remaining Italian fascists were afterwards beaten in a counterattack of the Garibaldis, who were being supported by Russian t-26 tanks. They virtually chased Mussolini’s troops ahead, they only had to stop the pursuit due the fact that they were themselves completely exhausted.
During this battle Mussolini lost a whole division, the republicans capured 1500 POWs, plus countless weapons, ammunition and trucks.
The Italian fascist volunteer corps became the laughing stock of the fascist troops.

Jan

Weel partizans iz gorski kotar killed italians evary day ,italians hold a city partizans retake city stole ammunitions and guns and run in mountains.
They destroying railyards ,and trains becouse that in winter italians heve not food .
Italians have much offansive against partizans but alweys lose.
I know croatian language and I watch partiznas movies ,italians been covards ,i think that.

partisan movies show germans as furious bloodthirsty animals, italians as cowards, their colaborators as idiots and partisans as all around best kind of people, but that’s only fiction. truth is somwhere between, as history is written by the winners and minor adjustmens are normal

Maybe you are wrom croatia ,and you know better I just tell what I see in movies .

Hallo Clauss,
Please check your spelling or try to download IE spell:
http://www.iespell.com/index.htm
Danke schon.

yeah, you see what is ment to be seen, as those movies were made to glorify peoples fight aginst faschism. for us younger it was allways funny hov a single man with mg42 could take down 100 german infantry and 10 stukas without reloadnig :lol:

I dont use Internet Explorer I use Opera 7.51 and why I need Spell Checker.

I dont use Internet Explorer I use Opera 7.51 and why I need Spell Checker.[/quote]

Then be more careful with English spelling. :smiley: :smiley:
No offence intended!

Ok I don’t perfect in English but I will try to spelling the best I can :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

That’s why I insisted (and it’s not the first time). It’s better to take a reading before you submit the post. Hope you aren’t upset! :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink:

No I am not upset and I am not for croatia ,I have a cousant and she married with croatian and he live in germany.

so are you coming in croatia for the summer?

No I go in Portoroz ,i never been there but next year i come in split.

yeah, you see what is ment to be seen, as those movies were made to glorify peoples fight aginst faschism. for us younger it was allways funny hov a single man with mg42 could take down 100 german infantry and 10 stukas without reloadnig :lol:[/quote]
:lol: :lol:
I cannot be more agree with you! :lol:

yeah, you see what is ment to be seen, as those movies were made to glorify peoples fight aginst faschism. for us younger it was allways funny hov a single man with mg42 could take down 100 german infantry and 10 stukas without reloadnig :lol:[/quote]

Hehehe that’s interesting :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I know is that Patton thought the Italians were in sense more dangerous than the Germans, the only reason they did so badly is because they had literatly zero morale, most soldiers thought this War was pointless and that World War I already settled it. The soldiers especially hated their leader Mussolini with his facist ideas. The only good the Italians saw that might come out of Faschism is getting out of the hole but pretty much hated the idea and didn’t want to follow in the steps of Germany.