My new Mosan Nagant

Commando, as a gun collector living in New Zealand I do pay close attention to what the laws are “across the ditch” and I know for a fact that if you want to shoot sporting pistols you have to do 2 range attendences before you can apply, that catch is that you are only allowed 3 range attendences in your life without having your pistol licence. So if you shoot pistol twice in your life outside your “probation” period you will never get your pistol licence!

However if you are a registered security guard you are allowed to own and carry one pistol.

If this is not factually correct please provide links as proof!

Commando, as a gun collector living in New Zealand I do pay close attention to what the laws are “across the ditch” and I know for a fact that if you want to shoot sporting pistols you have to do 2 range attendences before you can apply, that catch is that you are only allowed 3 range attendences in your life without having your pistol licence. So if you shoot pistol twice in your life outside your “probation” period you will never get your pistol licence!

However if you are a registered security guard you are allowed to own and carry one pistol.

If this is not factually correct please provide links as proof![/quote]

Well mate, with all respect, the laws of Australia and New zealand are very different. :?
I have no idea of your kind of gun laws over there, but recently my father brought a Colt from WW2 and im not even sure if it works and my dad use to be in the Army and we only just got to keep it. :lol:

Thankfully they are very different, you are missing my point. Which is that Australia has stupid gun laws and the anti-gunners here are trying to get our Govt to adopt them, therefore I like to keep an eye on what is happening on your side of the ditch.

Luckly your laws have done nothing to reduce gun crime so the anti-gunners are running out of ammo over here.

This whole discussion started because I do not agree with your assertion that Australian gun laws are fair, because they are not! They are designed to slowly strangle shooting sports in Australia with no benefit to anyone.

It’s normally the case of Trust with weapon licences when we went to legally purchase a Colt.

Could you explain this please ?
Is it a precedence or an example case, ie Regina v Trust ?

guns laws do nothing really, i mean the criminals will just smuggle weopons in and they will shoot people. Gun laws most the time cause even more crime then they stop.

The US has mixed zones of different types of gun laws. Like almost everything that isn’t a double-barrel shotgun, some hunting rifles, and some of the longer revolvers get banned. In the New England part of the country, they don’t allow a lot of things as well. But on the other hand, most of the south has really loose gun laws. I have a Mauser and a Webley revolver. I didn’t buy them personally, my mom did, and she buys the ammo as well. But If I were to go to a gun show with my friend and his dad, I could go around buying bandoliers of ammunition for my Mauser without anybody asking me anything. My other friend has a ranch in Brenham and we go there often to shoot full auto guns, and none of the neighbors say anything. It really just depends where you are.