Need help from someone who owns the book: Order of Battle: U. S. Army, World War II

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out some information about the segregated unit, the 77th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Battalion, which was a part of the 37th I.D. on New Georgia. I would like to know more about this unit, but there isn’t much available on the internet. There is a reference to the 77th AAA Group in this book:

Order of Battle: U. S. Army, World War II by Shelby L. Stanton
Presidio Press, 1984 - History - 620 pages

Here’s the reference that I’m seeking in full, since it was only partially listed on the internet and I can’t read the entire passage: 77th Antiaircraft Artillery Group (Colored) 1 Nov 43 redesignated from 77th Coast Artillery Regiment at Havannah Harbor New Hebrides and moved to Guadalcanal 3 Dec 43; arrived at Munda Point New Georgia 13 Dec 43 and Los Negros …

I am just learning about Coast Artillery Regiments and am not sure if there is a difference between the designation of “77th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Battalion” and “77th Anti-Aircraft Group
Thank you for any information you can provide.

wiamw73,

I see you posted this last April. Do you still need the information you requested or have you located it somewhere else? I have Stanton’s book and would be happy to scan some pages and email them to you.

mike243rd