Next US President!

McCain was not my choice. but he is much stronger on national security. so as a vet ill take him. but im what they call here a conservative. im not buying any of Osama’s hype. he claims he’s going to remove nukes from the planet. might wanna consult with the world??? his foreign policy will wind up being run by foreigners. to many promises he won’t keep. plus he’s embroiled in racial issues that won’t go away. a former preacher who hates whites. he will not stand up to terrorists but prefers to negotiate with them. he wants go into Pakistan to hunt down bin laden. American troops are not allowed in Pakistan. he has no experience in any of the issues. he’s been in the senate for only 4 years. he and the democrats want to stop drilling for oil here at home. which will cut off all dependency on OPEC.
I work on 2 political message boards. so now the attacks on them both begin. liberals are after McCain because of his Vietnam experience and time served as a POW. claiming he conspired with the north for preferential treatment. McCain had his teeth knocked out and can’t raise his arms above his chest. if you haven’t been into American politics. don’t go.

he’s not black. 1/2 white. which means he’s not really accepted by either race. McCain is looking Romney over for veep.

WTF?

McCain copped extreme punishment for five and half years as a POW and behaved about as honourably and courageously as anyone possibly could in the circumstances, and a sight better than most people would manage. It’s a wonder he’s not permanently confined to a mental hospital. The fact that he’s in as good shape as he is shows he has enormous physical and mental toughness.

Anyway, even if he did ‘conspire’ with his captors for better treatment, so what? That’d mean he got a bit less shit than he was already getting.

Any ‘preferential’ treatment he got was because of his father’s position and the NVN desire to use him for propaganda purposes.

I don’t agree with Mc Cain’s politics, but that’s no reason to attack a brave man with bullshit accusations about being some sort of collaborator.

Anyway, if conspiring with NVN is bad, how come the same people who are going after McCain aren’t going after Obama for being endorsed by Jane Fonda?

Um, it’s complete bullshit. No “liberals” have said that about McCain and I have no idea what this is all about…

It was Bush in 2000 that kept implying that McCain was unbalanced and too nuts to be president because of his Vietnam experience. Not too mention his “black daughter,” alleged “homosexuality, womanizing,” his wife’s “addictions,” etc…

As a note, please do not post bullshit in this thread unless you can back it up with a verifiable news report.

There’s enough crap on the web. Let’s not add to it!

Having been crazy doesn’t disqualify someone from being your President.

Guess who?

Once again he began to speak openly about his misery, hopelessness, and thoughts of suicide—alarming his friends. “[He] went Crazy,” [the friend] recalled. “—had to remove razors from his room—take away all Knives and other such dangerous things—&—it was terrible.”

Answer and source of quote here
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200510/lincolns-clinical-depression/2

he was awarded the POW medal. which requires a full investigation by the DOD and the Navy. including interviews with former POW’s. but this is American politics and we expected it. majority if not ALL these liberals were not born till years after Nam. so they rely totally on the net. fabrication is a big part of it. just throw it out there and see who eats it. and NO proof has been found of collaboration. none. so weather he did or not is not the issue.

Um, it’s complete bullshit. No “liberals” have said that about McCain

dead wrong. here McCain bashing runs 24/7 by liberals and their media. as well as conservative bashing of Osama.

I’m not sure what you’re citing as “media.”

There is certainly an underground whisper campaign of utter, steaming bullshit being waged on the internets against Obama…But little or nothing that can be substantiated…

There are also a number of conservatives that actually like Obama and consider him almost a Nixonian moderate, pragmatist politician that will hardly be the flaming, Carter-like, liberal…

And for the most part, McCain is seen positively in the “liberal” (or actual) media for his service, and I was reading on the NY Times about how his former Vietnamese POW camp guard would vote for him based on his impressions of McCain’s toughness in captivity…

I’ve even read that the journalists that travel with him are beguiled by his ability to say the right things to the right wing crowd, then chuckle with the journalist about how he’s a moderate hoodwinking partisan suckers…

the liberal media. which supports the democrats. and there is certainly an underground whisper campaign of utter, steaming bullshit being waged on the internets against McCain also. hey. McCain was NOT my choice. Romney was. but ill McCain anyday over Osama who has links to Islam. no thanks no way !!!

Here is some tax info on the canidates

You can verify a lot of this here
http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/election/2008/index.html

INTERESTING DATA JUST RECEIVED ON TAXES

Please spread the word.

This is something you should be aware of so you don’t get blind sided. This is
really going to catch a lot of families off guard. It should make you worry.

Proposed changes in taxes after 2008 General election:

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN
0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.
OBAMA
28% on profit from ALL home sales

How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.

DIVIDEND TAX
MCCAIN 15% (no change)

OBAMA 39.6%

How will this affect you? If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama becomes president. The experts predict that ‘Higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.’

INCOME TAX
MCCAIN (no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA (reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400
Single making 50K - tax $14,000
Single making 75K - tax $23,250
Married making 60K - tax $16,800
Married making 75K - tax $21,000
Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama, your taxes will more than double!

How does this affect you? No explanation needed. This is pretty straight
forward.

INHERITANCE TAX

MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax

How does this affect you? Many families have lost businesses, farms, ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will only lose them to these taxes.
NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet.

New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren’t high enough already)

New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)

New taxes on retirement accounts, and last but not least…

New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

So Mike, how would taxes go up on those making less than $200,000 is Obama has already pledged not to repeal the Bush tax cuts for them?

Do you bother to fact check bullshit internet smears received in chain e-mails?

I think whoever wins will be a great President. I like all the candidates but the vice president running mate that McCain is chosing (the Admiral), appears a bit out of it. I mean when you see him debate on TV he seems lost in space, unlike McCain who is quick on the draw. I hope whoever wins brings American troops home soon so they don’t spill any more innocent blood in the ruthless regions of Iraq. (They need to save themselves and get ready for invading Iran next year!)

:slight_smile:
Why shall they exchange the bloody Iraq by Iran?

Iran’s missile testing these last few days has gotten a lot of people nervous. The difference between Iraq and Iran is that Iranians will fight for their country because they believe in protecting their country. Iraq people will surrender their country from a tyrant, only to tolerate another tyrant. The new U.S. president will have a very cautious approach to war as the American people are fed up with war and want their economy to be first priority.The economy must come first. America first and foreign protection secondary.God Bless the next President who will have a Very Very big job ahead of him.

We’ll just withdraw from Iraq --through Iran. :wink:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/bush_announces_iraq_exit_strategy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adc3MSS5Ydc

:smiley:

Why not through N.Korea?
Oh, i forgot , there is no oil:)

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/bush_announces_iraq_exit_strategy

Yes, chap Bush know how to make real fun

Bush said the U.S. Army, which deposed Iran’s longtime enemy Saddam Hussein, should be welcomed with open arms by the Islamic-fundamentalist state.

I.m ifraid that this genius idea will be adopted by our “Kremlin strategists”.May be we will withdrew from Checnia through Georgia?

A new site for Obama… http://www.obamacures.com/

[b]Race issues aside - if that is possible - which of the two candidates best represents Americans.

Is it McCain, with his steady business as usual hand, or is it the energetic and more radical Obama and his audacity of hope?

I think only Americans can explain this.[/b]

BTW regarding : ‘Thems that can, do!..Thems that can’t, teach!’

" A child’s mind is not a cup to be filled, it’s a flame to be kindled!"

Many teachers view teaching as a vocation and have a vision for our young people.
They inspire our young people to go out their and excell (i.e. Do) - many of whom might fail without such inspiration particularly if they are not finding it in their home. Perhaps teachers cannot ‘Do’ themselves (though I argue that they are ‘Doing’ by teaching) but the more they make a difference by influencing others to ‘Do’ then what they are ‘Doing’ is an even greater achievment.

IMHO in the UK today a lot of our social problems arise on account of not enough respect being paid to teachers, particularly by ignorant parents.

Sorry, off topic I know. ):