Night Fighters

Well maybe you can add to the discussion instead of being an asshole. We’ve done quite fine without you and your opinions so…fuck off unless you have something to contribute.

OT: Wanna go back to the Swamp, sir? A bunch of us are getting together over there tonight. Pick your poison. War really is hell, ain’t it?

:wink:

Well either contribute to improving things and making it a valuable site or get lost. Have next to no patience for insults. Especially towards the site in general.

Time for a drink! :smiley:

My first post here, I thought I might see some new info on NJG in this thread…What A Joke…
is there not a thread where members can post their political views? after several pages of Politics etc…the thread starts to come back to the NJG…
I noticed the same thing on the Hans Rudel thread…
Is there not a moderator here that can put a stop to this and keep a thread on track?

First of all , as your first post I have to tell you that is pretty poor and very agressive one , the topics like Rudel s one can de politizated because the simple reason that Rudel was a vey pòlitically active person.

I am the moderator in the German military section and I am working permanently to improve and expand this section with valuable info. I you have any problem you can send me a PM , not discuss this in public.

Looks like this site Mirrors the WWII Aircraft.net site. Way off topic. And then members here picking on some member there that has a Board name that does not suit him.

We are not a mirror of any site in the web whatsoever, If a guy decide to talk about the P-39 in that forum and also in this …That makes a mirror ?

…Sad, Sad, Sad…

You think that this forum is sad…well the AIDS in Africa that is a real sad thing, if it bother so much…go, go, go.

And by the way you are complaining about the Off topics but your 1th post is an entire one…? crazy. I dont see many future for you unless your change completely off attitude.

Panzerknacker since you are this forums mod, may I have your permission to add two cents of change to several of the postings ?

Welters bio although copied from friend Petr Kacha’s site was copied from Ernst Obermaier’s Luftwaffe Ritterkreuz fighter aces book, volume 1 some years ago. I told him at the time that Obermaiers work was not conclusive on this quite a stealth personality and that we were writing the book on Kommando Welter and the Moskito-jagd. One error in the bio at first glance is the 5./JG 301. It should read 5./JG 302. JG 301 in it’s element during that time were flying all Bf 109G-6’s and only switched over with movement of their 109’s out of their unit in September 1944 when the day fighter unit was completely re-equipped with the Fw 190A-8, A-8/R2’s and the Fw 190A-9 which my cousin flew while in “5./JG 301” … small world eh ?

I have more to share on the NF’s, one of my cousins was KIA as Gruppenkommandeur of II./NJG 5 in his Bf 1109G-4 - Hauptmann Hans Baer.

more later if I may ?

from our research for our book “A nasty surprise: Moskito-jadg über Deutschland”, that Welter probably did not score 4 RAF 4 engines while in 1./NJGr 10 as the unit was on the Mosquito hunt. while in 10.(N)/JG 300 Moskito-jagd he supposed joined up at Augusts end and several of his kills are not confirmed. no Mossies by ramming as quoted. he did not go into II./NJG 11 on 2 November as there was not a II./NJG 11 until the end of November due to the paper transfer of the 10th staffel./JG 300 in the making of II gruppe NJG 11 armed with the 109G-6/AS and G-14/AS. some of 4th staffels Bf 109G’s were equipped with FuG 217 Neptun radar … I will add no more on the man as it will be covered in our huge book except to say that Welter became a primary propaganda figure for Germany his 33 mossie claims some are held as suspect and some of the kills were actual victories of other members of the Kommando Welter 262 unit. Welter was busy the last two months of the war in the administrative role, he may not of even flown the two seater. Fact is the single seaters and twin seaters never flew off the same airfield and only one twin seater score 1 victory, so much has been tried as fact about the two-seaters and their role in evening operations …myth

it will be all covered in our book

Panzerknacker since you are this forums mod, may I have your permission to add two cents of change to several of the postings ?

Welters bio although copied from friend Petr Kacha’s site was copied from Ernst Obermaier’s Luftwaffe Ritterkreuz fighter aces book, volume 1 some years ago. I told him at the time that Obermaiers work was not conclusive on this quite a stealth personality and that we were writing the book on Kommando Welter and the Moskito-jagd

You did not need my permition to post the menbers who know other forums arev awae of the quality of your info.

ok then thank you, I will continue and put some things in order for everyone to make comments on a bit later, will have to dig out the Nachtjagd data this week.

A pair of night fighting Messers Bf-109 used with the lone “Wlde sau” tactic.

I remember reading this very comprehensive book
“The German Night Fighter Force, 1939 - 1945”, whose author I can’t remember, in the local library here way back in 1990. I went back there recently to search for the book but unfortunately couldn’t find it anymore.

Kurt Welter’s Mosquito kills were listed there, 32 of them I remember. Helmut Lent’s victories were also listed.

I think the book also mentioned kills of the Northrop P-61 Black Widow, which, surprisingly, the German night fighter pilots described as a particularly unwieldy aircraft and easy to take out.

These look like two quite good books .

http://www.amazon.com/Other-Battle-Luftwaffe-Bomber-Command/dp/0760302650/ref=sr_1_10/002-0837895-1819266?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185377311&sr=1-10

http://www.amazon.com/Helmut-Lent-Papers-Peter-Hinchliffe/dp/1841451053/ref=sr_1_1/002-0837895-1819266?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185378445&sr=1-1

Hi Erich

Nice to see you.