Operation Valkyrie

Rather considerate of him.

Other hopelessly short actors have made their co-actors stand in trenches.

Of course, that was in an era where the labour to dig a trench was cheaper than that to build a box. :wink:

Hell, why can’t everybody just be short?

Would be very ecological and economical. You waste less resources because you don’t need big clothes, you weight less (theoretically speaking) and there’s more space for you and for others in airplanes. What’s not to like? Except the fact that, well, you’re short. :mrgreen:

I can see the headlines: Greenpeace asks people: Grow shorter or amputate your legs!!!

Frankly, it’s because short people don’t suck up the problems.

All the problems are in the upper atmosphere, so the nearer you are to it the nearer you are to solving the problem, and the nearer you are to God.

Tall people matter.

It has long been recognised that short people are part of the problem, not the solution.

Short People
by Randy Newman

Short People got no reason
To live

They got little hands
And little eyes
And they walk around
Tellin’ great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

Well, I don’t want no Short People
Don’t want no Short People
Round here

Short People are just the same
As you and I
(A Fool Such As I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It’s A Wonderful World)

Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick ‘em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That go beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin’ peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They’re gonna get you every time
'Round here

hahaha, where the heck did you find that song?

Age, mate.

It was all over the place a few years ago.

Probably several decades ago, but at my age anything before a couple of days ago when they feed me through a different coloured straw to make me think it’s a new day could be any year, including next year. :smiley:

Anyway, here’s Randy being short:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA

thanks for the insult SON. the taller they are the harder they fall.

and BTY Newmans career was flushed down the stool by that song. even tall people wanted him strung up by his nuts !!!

Would you care to clarify exactly what it is that has got up your arse about my posts, FATHER?

You could do with a small dose of a quality called ‘a sense of humour’.

I would think an insult like that would be obvious to a moron.

As, despite my wife’s ill-informed accusations, I am not a moron, I should be grateful if you would elucidate.

making fun of someone’s height is not humor. its an insult.

im short. so ???

Get over it, for fuck’s sake.

Do you think I or anyone else on this forum knew, or cared, about that?

Even if we did, you aren’t going to grow any taller, are you?

You met the USN height requirement on enlistment, didn’t you?

You served long (in the sense of extended) and well in the USN, didn’t you?

Do any of your long service shipmates say: “Gee, namvet, we’d like you more if you were a few inches taller, but as you’re a shortarse we won’t invite you to the ship reunion or have a beer with you.” ?

Or, “And, by the way, if the ship went down, we wouldn’t have saved you because you’re a shortarse.” ?

You’re exhibiting the small man’s syndrome, which isn’t somehting I’d expect from a man with your service where a man isn’t measured by his shipmates by his height but by his conduct.

none of this shit justifies your insult. and keep my service out of it. or ill rip you a brand new asshole !!!

Thank you for yet another rather florid but entirely unedifying and quite mystifying comment.

Before you rip me a brand new asshole (although as I age I think there is something to be said for multiple vents, which perhaps is something you should think about trying to reduce in number as the source of your comments) for giving you shit about your service, could you do me the small favour of specifying exactly the words I used to cause you to think that (a) I insulted you (b) I said something to denigrate your service and (c) I sought tenders for modifications to my arsehole.

You might also like to think about how aggressive you have been in response to my restrained posts in response to your somewhat hysterical responses to mine, and whether you would really like me to unleash my tongue in response to yours.

How about being a good chap and just responding to what people say, rather than what you as an apparently short person think they say.

Frankly, it’s because short people don’t suck up the problems.

All the problems are in the upper atmosphere, so the nearer you are to it the nearer you are to solving the problem, and the nearer you are to God.

Tall people matter.

It has long been recognised that short people are part of the problem, not the solution.

Quote:
Short People
by Randy Newman

To live

They got little hands
And little eyes
And they walk around
Tellin’ great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

Round here

Short People are just the same
As you and I
(A Fool Such As I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It’s A Wonderful World)

Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick ‘em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That go beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin’ peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They’re gonna get you every time
'Round here

you think this funny??? re establishing your master race??? tall blonde blue eyes??? gonna ban me for defending this??? your the one that stuck your foot in your mouth. your susposed to be a mod. act like it. insulting members is not your job description.

Sorry, but at my age my memory ain’t the best.

Could you be a good chap and point me to the posts where I said anything about the master race and the tall blonde blue eyes, not to mention banning you for defending the master race and the tall blonde blue eyes?

It sounds almost like one of us has a touch of the Nazi paranoia about us, doesn’t it?

Why should I ban you for something I don’t think you said?

Clearly I have no idea what has occurred in this thread, so be a dear and show me where I said these things which offend you so much, especially the bits about the master race and the tall blonde blue eyes (ignoring the fact that, conventionally, eyes are rarely blonde and never tall).

I’m sorry to have to inform you that not only am I supposed to be a mod, but I actually am one.

As previously requested with no result, could you specify exactly where I insulted you, so that this will be seen by other mods who will deal with me for my tragsgression? You may appreciate that unsupported complaints never go anywhere.

As it would be inappropriate for me to to deal with your complaint about me, you might wish to direct your complaint by PM to one of the other mods or to the supermod, being Firefly.

P.S. May I say that insulting members is not in my job desription as a mod, and that I do not do it any more than any other mod who has to put up with the incessant drivel of idiots. But in my own time I happily offer insulting comments to fucking idiots who richly deserve it. You, however, richly deserve it in light of your somewhat bizarre conduct in this thread but on the history of your generally worthwhile posts on the board in general I have refrained from insulting you, regardless of what you may, in your thin skinned mind, think.

Might I say, as a general caution to the uninitiated amatuer film reviewer like me, that this thread shows how unwise it is to offer any comment on a film one has not seen and about nothing to do with which others have strong views.

Be warned!

so you agree that taller people are far more superior to smaller??? that IS what you said. the rest is moot