Panzerfaust or Panzershreck????

[LEFT]Thank you for your warm reception, honorable gentlemen. I shall try not to disappoint you. After all – being a member of this distinguished web-community certainly requires devoted and proficient performance.

BTW – Hvala, bolje Vas našao, dragi komšija! :smiley:

And yes - undoubtedly they are, my dear Mr. Panzerknacker. Obviously, in those late WW II years even Reichministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda was forced to save raw material. [/LEFT]:roll:

PanzerFaust, easier, lighter.

well, I guess both were great and valuable weapons for the germans since there was a constant lack of PAKs and tanks on all fronts and the mass of armor especially on the eastern front was a big problem. maybe the panzerfaust was the better one, because it was easier to use, which could be an important fact on the battle-field. btw.: the russians were eager to catch all panzerfäuste they could get to use them for their own.

I shot the PANZERFAUST 3 with the BUNDESWEHR in 1996 and I can tell you this is a precise and deadly weapon, if used right.

jens

I’ve never used one, but I have been told that the panzerfaust was a better choice, though it was utterly annoying to use. I hear trying to hit a Soviet tank from a distance with one of these is quite inaccurate.

But, if you could mannage to hide in a foxhole (As Yanks call them) and say a T-34 rolls over you without crushing every bone in your body, you may be able to hit it in its rear and knock it out.

Um, a-hem. Yes…

Interestingly, we may have found a Panzerfaust at a site I’m working nearby, and old US Army proving grounds. I’ll ask the UXO guys tomorrow, but I heard it being discussed over the radio…

Don’t know if it was an inert training dummy round, a mistake, or the real thing.

Is it the WWII model?

Nope. It was actually an M-29 rifle grenade. I could have told them it wasn’t a beloved Panzerfaust! :smiley:

(The inert warhead only, no tale section)

IN all both are very good, They both served there purpose, but the panzerfausts pretty much had a very easier use and also lighter load rather then the panzerschreck. Another good thing about the panzerfaust was the one shot idea, were you shot it off you dumped it and continued to fight. Rather then lugging around a heavy metal tube

Panzershreck was a much more powerful anti-tank gun, Thus, making it obv better than the 'Faust. The design was alot better, with the face sheild and all, making it heavyier, But Iam sure the Germans didn’t mind lugging it around if was gunna save lifes from the allie’s tanks.

Actually the PZ shreck penetrate less armor, about 150mm compared with near 200 mm in the Panzerfaust 60, but obviously had advantages in his reload capacity and longer effective aimed range.

I think i would say the panzerfaust. Just because of its simplicity of use and design. Hundreds of these were handed to the civilians of berlin at the very last days of germany if im not mistaken. Does anyone know of any russian variation of the bazooka or panzerfaust?

The Panzersherck less powerful? Anyone know which one was more commonly used, or which one took out more alley’d tanks?

I personally believe the panzerfaust was more better and ideal for a lot of the combat the German army was involved with.
Simple to use and effective. What more is needed?
The panzerfaust was able to be fired from inside buildings. Compared with the panzershreck which smoked too much to be a practical exercise.
The faust was discarded straight away while the shreck would need to be moved into position, fired and moved again since the amount of smoke it produced would give away its position.

Also just looking at the weight of each I know which one I would prefer to use.
Panzershreck - 9-12 kg
Panzerfaust - 5-10 kg

Of course I’m not saying the Shreck wasn’t as, if not MORE effective. Just my personal thought.

Some quick and easy information on the Panzerfaustfrom Wiki.

Panzerfaust 30
The “Panzerfaust 30” was the original version, first delivered in August, 1943
Range - 30 meters
Weight - 5.1

Panzerfaust 60
This was the most common version, and production started in August, 1944
Range - 60 meters
Weight - 6.1 kg

Panzerfaust 100
This was the final version produced in quantity, from November 1944 onwards.
Range - 100 meters(maximum)
Weight - 6 kg

Panzerfaust 150
The Panzerfaust 150 was intended to be reused for up to ten shots.
Production started in March 1945, two months before the end of the war.

A rare photo of a PF150

Panzerfaust 250
A Panzerfaust 250 was planned to enter production in September 1945 but the war ended before development had been completed.

Compare all the ranges to the Panzershrecks 180meters. :wink:

A simple panzerfaust video.
Panzerfaust

Some interesting photos of the panzerfaust showing some unique ways to utilize it.

Depends what you need.
Panzerfaust -lighter smaller and easy to produce.
Panzershreck-more fire power more accurate
Personally I would take the Panzershreck,Terror is better than fist any ways.

While the Faust was easy to use, and operable by one person, it needed to be used at ranges too close for my comfort, so I would prefer the shreck. Greater power, usable at greater ranges. And with a two man crew, target aquisition, and defense were improved. Always good to do the deed, AND live to tell the tale…- Raspenau -

Komraden!
I apologise for the trouble but I’m trying to find an illustration from the internet showing different ways on how to fire the panzerfaust. One of the images had the soldier firing from upon his shoulder much like a bazooka or panzershreck.
I’m really kicking myself that I didn’t save it.

If anyone knows this and can put up the image I would be most grateful.

Komraden - a mix between Comrads and Kameraden? Nice ^^

Heh, smarty. Unfortunately my spelling for other languages isn’t as good as I’d hope…

Thank you for taking the time to reply, but sadly none of the pictures have what I am looking for.

Well it was weather fired from under the arm or on the shoulder - first was more common, because of the maximal shoting range of the weapon and the aiming.
On top of the warhead had been a small round pin and at the visor had been three different holes for the different ranges - from above the ranges grow and the maximal range is show on the lowest hole ( for the Pzfst60 -> 60 meters)
So when the tank is e.g. 30 meters away you aim with through the middle hole and adjust the target with the pin on the warhead -> fire.

A lot more images and video here:

http://mundosgm.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.0