Quiz

OK
At December 31, 1941 it held about 63.000 POW-mostly Italians.[/quote]

:smiley: Zonderwater Camp - South Africa.

Edited: You gave too many hints this time!!! :smiley: :smiley:

OK, till returning of Tsolias, here it is my quiz:

What is that?? :shock: :shock:

:smiley:

Dani you’re too good for me :smiley:

In February, 1941, Italian prisoners-of-war began arriving in South Africa where the Zonderwater Camp had been established in the Transvaal, twenty-three miles from Pretoria. These prisoners were captured during the Somaliland and Ethiopian campaigns. Thousands more were brought in from the campaigns in Egypt, Libya and Tripolitania during the years up till 1943. Around 9,000 of these prisoners were illiterate and among the greatest and most lasting achievements at Zonderwater was that before the camp closed in February, 1947, all had learned to read and write their mother tongue during their six years confinement. Some 5,000 learned a trade before returning home and another 4,000 were allowed to work outside the camp on neighbouring farms. A symphony orchestra of 86 musicians was formed and a brass band of 65 instrumentalists was welded together from the prisoners. Fifteen schools were established teaching a variety of subjects.

At its peak, on December 31, 1941, there were 63,000 prisoners in the camp. A total of 233 prisoners died from illness and 76 lost their lives through accidents. What was done at Zonderwater represents a great achievement in the field of human relations in the treatment of prisoners-of-war. Their efforts were recognized by the post-war Italian Government when the Camp Commandant, Colonel Hendrik Prinsloo and three of his officers were invested with the ‘Order of the Star of Italy’. Colonel Prinsloo was further recognized by the award of the ‘Order of Good Merit’ by His Holiness, the Pope.

By the way,that should be a minesweeper tank-propably a Sherman.

Ok noones posted here in awhile… so I’ll make up a question.

Question: The Machinenpistole 40, commonly known as the Schmeisser was not designed by Hugo Schmeisser. So tell me who invented it, and who designed it. (Looking for 2 different answers) :wink:

Just incase anyone doesnt know what it looks like - here’s a picture

Designed by Heinrich Vollmer at Erma Werke.

Yep. Your turn.

When was the last execution at the Tower of London occured and who was the victim?

Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex in 1601? :?

If it is him - he was beheaded for treason…

:oops: :oops:

Hmm no.
Want another shot?

:oops: :oops:[/quote]

Nope!

Hint? Dani? :shock:

More views:

Hint: It was inspired by a Russian tank (therefore is not Russian :smiley: )

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/unitedkingdom/cruiser/mk_v_covenanter.html

Please post a quiz!

Since Clauss has returned - I think he should post the next question.

Ok i hope so this ques. is not been here,i dont know what alse to post so :stuck_out_tongue: Tell full name of this rifle.

Easy question.

firearms_mg_m1941johnson_800_2.jpg

Please Clauss, next time rename your picture before uploading!