Quiz

K i wasnt exactly wrong. I thought you might post the six star thing but since no one actually ever wore the rank or was it ever made i didnt really consider it a rank. Coz in theory you could say that every president + Pershing was a 6 star general. Just depends how you look at it. Is there a real difference between General of the Armies and Commander in Cheif?

Ok well you werent exactly wrong but then again you weren’t exactly right. Well let me start where you were right - General Pershing was offered the option to create his own insignia for the new position, but continued to wear the four stars of a regular General. At the time of Pershing’s appointment to the rank, the position was considered more of a title than a rank, comparable to the Civil War title “General of the Army” . By order of seniority, it was decided that General Pershing (still living when the rank of General of the Army was created in 1944) would be senior to all the newly appointed General of the Army officers. When asked whether or not this made Pershing a six-star general, the then Secretary of War (Henry L. Stimson) stated that Pershing was superior to a five-star general but, as he was no longer active in the military and had never worn more than four General’s stars, he should not be seen as holding six-star rank.

That was fron Wikipedia.

So noone ever wore the 6 stars - so you’re right there. (But if MacArthur had accepted the promotion - he probably would have.) And the differences between General of the Armies and C in C is that the GoA is superior to all 5 star generals but still below the C in C of the armed forces. I think. Anyway since I’m not too clear on the specifics of the rank- someone should just probably post another question.

So Dani or Tsolias, please post a question - that is unless Gen. Sandworm would like to have a stab at it. :smiley:

Edit: I left out poor Clauss :oops:

http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=29080#29080
:wink:

Thats in not nice from your side,you left me out. :frowning:

I assume that Tiger forgot you this time due the fact that you was MIA (missing in action) so much time!

Come on Clauss! Cheer up! :smiley:

Ok but Tiger do you ask FW-190 Pilot can i join Axis usergroup.

Ok but Tiger do you ask FW-190 Pilot can i join Axis usergroup.[/quote]

I’ve sent FW a PM, Clauss but I haven’t recieved an answer yet. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Which US Army General was first choice to be commander of American forces in Europe?[/quote]

So Dani, George Marshall?

Nope

Ike? :shock:

Nope :smiley:

Hmmmm :lol: Patton?! :shock:

:o MacArthur :lol: :lol:

Tiger dont know :lol: try all generals,name by name ,hmmmm im try but i dont know names. :stuck_out_tongue:

jOKE Tiger. :wink: :wink: :wink:

:o MacArthur :lol: :lol:[/quote]

:o MacArthur :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Nope :D[/quote]

Jesus… :x Ummmm, Nimitz??? :lol:

I said general not admiral :smiley:

:lol: Ummm, last guess - Omar Bradley? :shock:

Last guess, wrong guess :smiley:

Tiger please check the future answers on quick quiz!