Quiz

Tiger, it is about defining the terms. Check this:

Quoted from: http://www.army.mil/cmh/books/wwii/7-4/7-4_2.HTM

At the same [1942-early 1943] time General Eisenhower retained command of ETOUSA, the headquarters controlling U. S. forces in the United Kingdom. Despite the difficulties of this dual role the arrangement was preserved in order to insure that TORCH might draw at will on American resources in England. When Eisenhower moved to the Mediterranean, he appointed an executive deputy theater commander, Maj. Gen. Russell P. Hartle, to manage theater affairs in the United Kingdom. Hartle served in this capacity from 2 November 1942 to the end of January 1943. Then, according to plan, with TORCH firmly established, AFHQ and ETOUSA were formally split. Early in February Lt. Gen. Frank M. Andrews was named commanding general of ETOUSA. New theater boundaries gave ETOUSA responsibility for operations in the whole of Europe except the Iberian Peninsula, Italy, and the Balkans.
End quote, my emboldment.

So, up to January '43 ETOUSA had taking care ONLY of American forces in the UK. From February '43 (when Gen. Andrews was appointed) ETOUSA was indeed taking care of the Europe.

My quiz was

Which US Army General was first choice to be commander of American forces in Europe?

So, first commander of ETOUSA (in Europe) was Gen. Andrews!!!

Gen. Andrews!!! Thats the famus general,thanks Dani for answer i am ,cannot wait to know who is he,Tiger is tell all generals which i know and they are not been for this i am heard now first time.

I must research net and myself little. :oops:

Question! :!:

Eisenhower was offered the Medal of Honor for his leadership in the European Theater but refused it, saying what?

Good luck! :wink:

That it should be reserved for bravery and valour.

Peace of cake!

That it should be reserved for bravery and valour.

Peace of cake![/quote]

Yep! Easy! Your question!!

Sorry for the delay…

What was the largest piece of field equipment in WWII?

The ww2 version of the paris gun…forgot the name but was even bigger than the ww1 weapon.

Hmm no.
That was a weapon on tracks.
Im looking a self propelled gun.

Big Bertha cannon on track. :?

Im looking for a self propelled gun Clauss-not tracked.

Im looking for a self propelled gun Clauss-not tracked.[/quote]

Ok sorry i am not understand question,and not translate good. :oops:

Im looking for a self propelled gun Clauss-not tracked.[/quote]

Ok sorry i am not understand question,and not translate good. :oops:[/quote]

Don’t wory,give it another shot! :wink:

The Ferdinand Self Propelled Gun? :?

Im afraid not.

Here’s a hint:

:o :o :o :o :o

Karl 600mm Heavy Mortar… or Thor as it came to be known!

:smiley:

Oh yeah forgot about that one! :frowning:

Correct-your turn!

PzKpfw VI Tiger im going to interupt you on this one coz I never seem to get any right and been dying to ask this question. What was the biggest known man made explosion on earth prior to the dropping of the atomic bombs on japan?

The effects of this explosion were later studied to get an idea on what an atomic blast might look like and also to get an idea of how to set off the explosion to maximise results.

Does it have something to do with volcanos? :?

Does it have something to do with volcanos? :?[/quote]

Tsolias…I doubt it, volcanoes are natural disasters if they erupt. Man made is like nuclear war