Quiz

Gen. Sandworm, the asnwer to your question I believe is the Halifax Explosion!

The Halifax Explosion occurred on December 6, 1917, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada when a munitions ship, the Mont Blanc, collided with a Norwegian ship, the Imo, headed for wartime Belgium. The Mont Blanc caught fire, and then exploded, killing 1,635 people and injuring thousands more. The Explosion caused a tsunami, an earthquake, and a pressure wave of air so powerful that it snapped trees, bent iron rails, and demolished buildings, carrying the fragments of them for hundreds of metres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_explosion

Damn didnt think you would get it so quick…your turn again. :smiley:

Actually a deck gun on the ship was launched 3 miles away. Or about 5 km away.

Come on Tiger give us some easy question lol. :smiley:

lol :lol: I’ll go easy on you guys.

OK! This may be tough or not - so here it goes! Virtually everyone on the earth knows the name of the B-29 bomber that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima - the Enola Gay - but how about the one that dropped the atomic bomb on Nagasaki 3 days later? What was the name of this bomber, and what was it’s original target? Nagasaki wasn’t it.

GOOD LUCK!

I think it was Bockscar

The B-29 bomber was the" Bockscar" and its original intended target was Kokura, but heavy clouds made that impossible.

Pretty sure we are right on that one…What was the name of the bomb that cause the largest ever explosion on earth? Yes it Nuclear.

Easy. The Tsar Bomba (In Russian: Царь-бомбa) Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev initiated the project. The bomb, developed by the Soviet Union, is the largest nuclear explosive ever detonated, and the most powerful device ever employed by humans. It was tested on October 30, 1961 over the island of Novaya Zemlya in the Arctic Sea. There is no clear evidence that any examples other than the one tested were ever made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

OK no posts in a long time so here… Which big WWII figure is behind this quote?

“Nicht kleckern, klotzen!”

Heinz Guderian i think .

Heinz Guderian i think .[/quote]

Yep. Your question Clauss / Phantom

Please put you or someone alse i cant remember anything good ,im in mess now :lol: study for school. :smiley:

Ok. Question :

What Generalfeldmarschall was dismissed when Reichsfuhrer Himmler openly questioned his loyalty to the regime? Who was his successor?

Erich von Manstein

…they should have listened to him…

Yep, they should have! His successor was Walther Model by the way. So Tsolias, your turn!

On September 20, 1943, one of the saddest episodes in British military history took place: a mutiny by some 300 replacement troops.

Where ?
Who ?
Why ?

MUTINY AT SALERNO

On September 20, 1943, one of the saddest episodes in British military history took place: a mutiny by some 300 replacement troops from the 51st Highland Division and the 50th Northunbrian Division. These veterans of the North African campaign had been convalescing in a hospital in Tripoli while their parent Divisions were returned to the UK. Sent to Salerno as replacements, they believed that their officers had broken a promise to them that they would be sent to Britain to rejoin their own regiments. Disembarking at Salerno they sat down on the beach and three times refused to report to their assigned units. The Corps Commander, General Richard McCreery, addressed the men and some agreed to join their assigned units but 192 men still persisted on disobeying. They were put under arrest and sent back to Constantine where they were court martialled. The three leaders of the mutiny, all sergeants, were sentenced to death, the others to jail sentences ranging from 7 to 10 years.

In the Official British History of 1943, the Salerno Mutiny is not even mentioned but is reported in Hugh Bonds book ‘Salerno’ published in 1961.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~gduncan/1943.html#lesser_known_1943

More than correct!
Your turn.

Easy question!

What German Rifle fits this description?

Caliber: 7.92 x 57 mm Mauser
Muzzle velocity: 775 m/s (2,328 ft/s)
Action: Gas operated
Overall length: 1130 mm
Barrel length: 546 mm

versions with barrel lengths of 600, 650 and 700 mm existed as well

Weight: 4.1 kg (9.7 lb), unloaded and without the scope
Rate of fire: 20 to 30 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 10 rounds
Sights: One of several scopes, typically 4x or 2.5x, backup "iron sights"       as well
Effective Range: 400 m